Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First house purchase

Thanks to the amazing sales going on at RC Willey yesterday, Jedd and I were able to buy the first thing for our new house. Our house comes with stainless steel appliances: oven, range, fridge, and dishwasher. We were planning on just using a white fridge, borrowed from a family member, but realized that this deal was way too good to pass up for us. If any of you know, RC Willey opened yesterday at 9:00 am. Jedd and I decided to be down there at about 8:50 to just try and catch the opening. To our SHOCKING surprise, there was a HUGE line to get into the store, just about as bad as the lines on day after Thanksgiving sales. As we later found out there were people there a little before 6 am. WOW! I wasn't that into this sale, but it sure worked out great for us! The first 200 customers got a free $25 gift card and we knew there was no way we were about to get that....but somehow we actually got one. (I bought a candle with it...yummy peach!) With all those people there, again we thought there was no way we were going to be able to get this fridge because there was only 10 per store. We walked right over to the fridge and there was a salesman who was helping another couple with the fridge and told them to walk with him over to his computer and he would order it for them. We, very sneakily I might add, followed them over and we ended up getting the fridge! We are so excited about it. Now all of our appliances will match. We were just planning on waiting until after tax returns next year to purchase a fridge with our tax credit from the government, but now we don't have to worry! We saved so much money, and now we have a brand new fridge to use when we move in. ( Thanks mom for calling and letting us know about this great deal!)

6 comments:

Hawks Family said...

YEAH - first purchase for the new house - that's just so exciting! It's really fun to buy things for a new place, especially when you realize it's your first house and you'll actually own it! It's so much more fun than an apartment. We're so excited for you!

Kurtis and Iva said...

Hooray for your first house! We are also in the stressful process, looks like we're almost there though.

Amy Johnson said...

Yeah on your fridge!!! Keep in mind, if your ever looking for any more great deals on appliances or entertainment I just happen to know someone that could get you a great deal at Best Buy!!! :)

Parker Family said...

Congrats on the signing of the house!! So exciting! Who would have thought you would end up buying a home in our old stomping grounds! You definetely know that area well now....remember when you got lost from Jon's house to my house....haha...good memories! I am so excited for you two, and am so excited you will be living in Hooper! Love that place, and lucky you, you get to live close to Kent's! I miss that grocery store, I know silly, but I really do! How much did you get your fridge for?? Looks like a really nice one! Congrats...now where are you going to store it till your house is done?? PLEASE keep putting updates on here, I love seeing a house come together!

weston'smommy said...

How lucky of you two little sneeksters (sp?)!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house!! that is so exciting!:) Let us know what we can ever help you with, Jed has always been so good to help us with everything! So about the cabin we are going the first weekend in June. We were going to leave on thursday afternoon and come home Sunday and go into Jackson Hole one day. Let us know if you guys want to join us, we would love to see you it's been awhile!!