Exactly one year ago yesterday Jedd officially proposed to me. This picture was taken at my sister's house the day after. (Thank goodness for my sister and her camera because Jedd and I don't have any other pictures of this special occasion.)
Jedd and I had talked about getting married on Mother's Day last year but we weren't officially engaged until I got the ring on May 20th. Jedd had been teasing me all week before saying that he hadn't gotten the ring yet and even had his mom in on it lying to me about how slow he is about getting things done. I was so disappointed realizing that I might not have gotten the ring for another couple weeks. The day we got engaged, Jedd had a softball game and so we went to grab a bite to eat really quick before heading to the game, while all this time Jedd kept telling me how he had a huge headache (this will come into play a little later on). On this specific day, Jedd's whole family was going with us, and I was a little confused as to why everyone was coming...it was not normal. But none of them would actually ride with us, they all crammed into Jedd's grandpa's car to drive down. I was confused, but decided to think nothing of it. Jedd was in a hurry to get to the game and wanted to beat his grandpa there, and there again I was a little confused but decided to think nothing of it. By the time we arrived at the game, everyone was there and he was a little frazzled, and kept saying he had a headache. So when he turned off the car, I asked him if he wanted some of the Advil that he keeps in his glove compartment. I pulled it out and shook it to see if there was actually some in it and it sounded pretty strange, but thought it was ok. By the time I had reached in the compartment and shook the bottle, Jedd had gotten out of the car and was on my side of the car. I thought, ok he doesn't want Advil because I could have just handed it to him in the car. WHATEVER! So Jedd opened the door on my side and asked if I could get the bottle out again to get him some Advil. By the time I had reached in, he was down on one knee, and asking if I would get out of the car. Jedd says that he had to beg me to get out of the car, but I was so confused I had no idea what was going on. I got out of the car, dumped the Advil bottle out and there was my ring. He asked me to marry him and of course I said yes, almost tearing up. We walked over to his family who were all watching us from a distance on the bleachers. Because of all of this happening, Jedd was late to his baseball game so he had to go and pitch right after. This was probably the 2nd to best day of my life, the 1st being the day I married the love of my life.
I love you honey!
I couldn't have asked for a better husband and I have no IDEA how I got so lucky to trick you into marrying me!
3 comments:
What a FUN story!! I do remember how excited you were!! What fun memories, and I am so happy for the two of you, you are truly a perfect couple!! Happy one year engagement!
That's so neat! I love that you wrote it down to remember it - I can't believe it's been that long! I'm so glad that you guys are so happy - you're so cute together.
Good idea to write these things down, I should write our story on my blog.
Post a Comment