So the final verdict is in, we are officially building a house out in Hooper!! Last night we finally signed the papers and everything is just waiting to get approved by the builder, which shouldn't be a big deal. In our contract, it says that the builder will have the house done no later than 4 months so that will come quick, but not quick enough. Yes, both of us never even DREAMED we would be building out in that area, but we are so excited about it. We love the area, it is right next to a great elementary school, and there is a huge park with soccer and baseball fields and a play area just down the street from us. Of course, this is just for the future. (We are planning WAY WAY ahead.)
We are building a rambler style house with an unfinished basement on a 0.23 acre lot. The main level will have the kitchen, living room, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a utility room with washer and dryer, a walk in closet (for me!) and in the master bath, we will have a separate shower and tub (something I have ALWAYS wanted but never thought I could have). The house also comes with a 2 car garage (again, something I have never had). When we finish the basement, we will be able to have 2 more bedrooms, one more full bath and a huge family living area. It will be just perfect for us! We start picking out colors of everything including both outside and inside in about 2-3 weeks. I am getting so excited to be able to decorate the way I want to, and not just have to live with the walls the way there are like in an apartment. I can finally do what I want. We are so very excited about it. After we signed the papers, Jedd and I drove out there to take a picture of our land and where we will be building. I am planning on getting pictures as the house progresses so I'll post them sporadically to keep you all updated. (mainly it will be for me but who cares!)
Here is our lot. There are no houses being built right behind us so far. It could happen, but we aren't for sure. 
(Of course I had to snag a picture of us on the lot.)
10 comments:
WOW!!! That is so exciting. Mark and I are hoping to buy/(perhaps build) in the next couple months too. Perhaps I will need to pick your brain for ideas... CONGRATS!!!
CONGRATS KYLIE!! How exciting! I am so happy for you guys!! I am glad that you are going to update us and put pics on your blog! I want to see!! CANT WAIT!!
AWESOME! Looks like the perfect place to me. I can't wait to see pictures of the house being built - it's so exciting. Congratulations, that's a big step, but I know it's the right one for you guys.
Woohoo! How exciting, 4 months will fly by and then you will be moving in.
Yeah!!! That is so exciting! I'm excited to see the progress! Keep us updated.
That is so exciting! i am so happy for you guys! (and jealous of course!) Good luck with everything, and great job on the fridge! It's always nice to have such great deals come your way!
Congrats. Where is Hooper exactly? Its always exciting building your first home. Hope it all works out for you.
Yay!!!! We are so excited for you guys! We hope you guys are happy!!!
It was fun to put a book together after all was said and done...good luck!
now all you have to do to make this all complete is have your twin girls!!! (taz said triplet girls...but I thought I would go easy on you and stick with the twins :)
Not funny Aimee.
Post a Comment