For those who don't know, I have finally finished my 3rd year of teaching high school. School ended on Friday May 29th and I am officially a "summer bum" with no plans. And let me just say that it is AWESOME! I love summer vacation, probably just as much as I used to when I was in school. I look forward to those last few days with kids, and no more assignments/tests to correct, no more arguing with kids to do homework, and I can just relax and enjoy my break from 200 high school aged kids of mine.
So what does this summer hold for me?
- being able to see my sisters, their kids, and my mom more often
- sleeping in past 5:00 am
- being able to go out running/walking in the mornings BEFORE I get ready for the day
- not having to worry about the dreaded Monday morning on Sunday night and preparing for the week
- being able to clean my house on a day of the week, rather than Saturday morning
- packing up Jedd's and my apartment to move out of apartment come the end of July
- picking out colors and counters and carpets and everything under the sun for our new house :)
- and anything else that comes my way!
I just have to say what a relief and big accomplishment it is of mine to say that I have survived the first 3 years as a teacher. Statistics show that within the first 3 years of teaching, one third of brand new teachers decide to find a new career path. And as I have looked back on my the last 3 years, I can admit that I see why that statistic is so high. Being a teacher is definitely not a glamour job and it takes a lot of work and patience. But I guess there is nothing else that I would rather spend my time doing. I'm also excited to say that because I have jumped through all the hoops of these first 3 years, I officially have my Level 2 License and am no longer a provisional teacher. Not being a provisional teacher is huge to educators. Being provisional means that your contract may or may not be renewed from year to year at the school you teach at. Your principal can let you go without warning or explanation. It is so great knowing my job is a little more secure.
So here is to a busy and awesome summer vacation!
3 comments:
YEAH BRING ON THE SUMMER FUN! We're so excited you're able to get together with us on our weekly play dates. We can't wait to see you on Wednesday!
YAY!! Can't wait to see you every week now. AND now we can talk about your new house and maybe go look around for ideas for YOU this time! I love summer!! See you Wed!
Congrats. I too just finished my third year. Isn't it nice to be done and not have to jump through quite as many hoops for school? Have a wonderful summer!
Post a Comment