Let me explain. Ever since I have been out of school, I have decided to start walking/running every morning to feel better about myself. (Keep reading, that is not the most shocking part!) I charted out this course to go a little more than 2 miles every day around my neighborhood with hills and straight ways. I have been enjoying my little runs every morning and look forward (sometimes) to go. This week I have had to change my whole route and have had to change due to these stupid blackbirds. Yes, they are stupid because I am being bullied by these birds. And as funny as it sounds, I tell Jedd that I am being bullied around by about 4 blackbirds, and now I am scared to actually run my normal route every morning. We have concluded that these birds are attacking me because they have a nest with babies in the tree. So in reality, they aren't being stupid just protective of their little ones, but I still think it is stupid. When I start to get close to this specific tree, these black birds start coming at me. You laugh, but it is so ridiculous that I am scared to go past this tree anymore. And this is what they do when I am approaching the tree. They fly above me so I can't see them and come from behind, swoop down and nick my head, fly back up and do it again and again. It is just not one bird, and it is just not once that they hit my head. On Tuesday of this week, all 4 birds chased me down the whole entire street doing this swoop thing to me. I act like I am just running (so hopefully if anyone is watching I look pretty calm), but in reality, I am running fearing that these birds will start to attack me and peck my like in the movie "The Birds". RIDICULOUS! So after this scary incident, I decided on Wednesday to cross the street to try and trick the birds. Well when I almost got to "the spot", there were more birds on the other side of the street sitting on the fence which sure felt like they were just waiting to attack me. And of course again, they chased me down the street doing the same swoop thing over and over again. Today, I decided to change my route and it was WONDERFUL to not have to worry about getting attacked by these birds. However, I still have this fear that birds are going to come out of a tree, swoop down and hit my head. Every time I hear this specific bird sound, my heart starts pumping just a little bit. Let's hope this little fear won't last long.
8 comments:
That makes me laugh!! Sorry tho...birds can be bullies! Seriously, that would freak me out too! I'm glad you found a way 'around' them!
Um.... are you serious?? I was scared just reading it!! That would so freak me out too!! I am not a huge fan of birds either! They need to just mind their own business! :) But a little funny!
LOL! Birds have always had it out for me too. I have got pooped on more than once, luckily they haven't started chasing me yet. Also, I just noticed I am gonna be the third Holli to comment on this.
I am laughing so hard right now! Who knew birds were so territorial?! Good Luck with your new route!
Sorry, but I'm laughing! It totally made me think of the movie the Birds, so in that regard, freaky!
I am laughing too right now! So funny! We have those birds that chase you off too, me and Ash call them attack birds, because seriously they really do attack you! I had a problem with them in West Warren and now they have found me in Malad too, everytime I walk out in my back yard they get all crazy and fly around me and make their crazy noises, although, Knock on wood, I haven't been pecked like you, so scary! Good thing you found a way around them!! Too funny!
Like it's not hard enough to get up and exercise! You definitely don't need those pesky birds bothering you. I'm sorry that they are being such a pain, I'm glad you've found another route away from them!
Oh my heck Khyler! I can't even tell you how hard I was laughing when I read your story about the birds! But really inside I was terrified for you! I have heard of people being afraid of dogs...but never birds! :) I'm glad that you found a new route now!
Post a Comment