Friday, January 30, 2009

Recipe

Ok due to a few asking for the recipe of my amazing meal, here it is....

Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups multigrain penne pasta, uncooked
1 pkg. (9 oz.) fresh spinach leaves*
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1 jar (14-1/2 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
2 oz. (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese

*Advice: I used a frozen 9 oz. package of Spinach and it was way too much. When I make it again, I'll use about half of the frozen package.

Directions:
1. HEAT oven to 375ºF. Cook pasta as directed on package, adding spinach to the boiling water for the last 1 min.
2. COOK and stir chicken and basil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 3 min. Add spaghetti sauce and tomatoes; bring to boil. Simmer 3 min. or until chicken is done. Stir in Neufchatel cheese.
3. DRAIN pasta mixture; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella. Spoon into 2-qt. or 8-inch square baking dish.
4. BAKE 20 min. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 3 min.


Chocolate Mousse

Ingredients:
4 squares BAKER'S Semi Sweet Chocolate
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

Directions:
1. MICROWAVE chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min., stirring with whisk every 45 sec. until melted.
2. ADD 1 cup COOL WHIP; stir until blended. Stir in remaining COOL WHIP.
3. SPOON into dessert dishes

*By the way, be prepared. That chocolate mousse is richer than rich. For me one small tiny serving was plenty!

And of course the last step to all of this..... is to ENJOY!

3 comments:

Parker Family said...

Yum! Looks way good, I might have to try it, Brian gets tired of the same old stuff all of the time. Thanks for the recipe, and man that dessert looks awesome, as you know...I LOVE CHOCOLATE, me and Brans. Brian and Ash...not so much. Maybe I will have to try it out for me and Brans to endulge!

Hawks Family said...

Yummy, sounds so good. Maybe even the picky eater boys in our family might even like it. Thanks for the recipe, I can't wait to try it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks I'll be using that one for sure!!!