Albertson's had an amazing sale going on this week where you buy $30 of select items and you get $15 back to use on your next transaction. So I decided after much stress and sleeping on it that I would give this whole thing a try. So I made out my lists last night (I had a lot of time because Jedd is currently in Florida on a business trip), and after going over and looking at the computer for what seemed like forever. I decided to trash everything I did and not go to the store. When I slept on it and woke up this morning, I thought that I had to go grocery shopping anyway, my fridge was running out of certain items. So I thought why not, I'll just try it.
So there I was standing at Albertson's probably looking like a complete idiot trying to figure out my coupons, trying to put things in order so I could get my $15 back and then trying to figure out what to buy with what transaction. ANYWAY, after all that, I came to my conclusion that it really wasn't bad. It did take a lot of time, and I am still trying to figure out all these coupon things, but it was actually quite thrilling to pay for my groceries on one transaction, turn around and by more things for FREE...well at least $15 worth!! So here is what I got:
*loaf of bread
*gallon of milk
*a huge block of cheese
*laundry detergent (which will last me about 2 months!)
*tortilla shells
*5 cans of tuna
*3 soups
*2 toaster strudels
*5 fruit snack boxes
Everything turned out to cost me $30. Now I still don't think I got the best deal possible ( my sister only spends $60 and saves hundreds), because I didn't have enough coupons and I don't get the Sunday paper so it I didn't do the best, but I still think I came out pretty well. (At least I hope so, I am starting to freak out that I didn't get a good deal on my purchases, but I hope you'll all at least lie and tell me I got good deals!)
So anyway, I really think I'm going to try and give this "Grocery Smarts" thing a try. I'm not sure I'm smart enough to do it all and save like my sisters and mom do, but I'm going to give it a shot. If I save $1 then that's a dollar to put somewhere else right?
8 comments:
LOL! You are so funny, good job though. It does take some time and planning.
I'm so glad you gave it a try! It's exciting isn't it when you get to save so much money??? Believe me, we all started out like that and wondered - is it all worth it? Well, let me just tell you - IT IS! And the more you do it, the better you'll get and the more you'll save. If you ever want to do it with me sometime, let me know and we'll plan our lists together. Not to sound condescending, but I'm really proud of you! Believe me, it just gets better.
YOU GO GIRL!! I need to do that to! I love for clearance items and sales and I don't know why I don't!! I think I am not smart enough for that either. Its a lot a work and I already need to be committed with trying to keep up on needed house hold items and remeber stuff anyway! UGH... oh well, I think I will give it a shot now! Thanks for that!
You did great! Everyone's list is always different...cause you use different things, but like you said to save a buck it is worth it! It takes quite a bit of homework, of worth the savings!! I finally got a paper delivered here so I can use those coupons too, just wait you will be addicted just like all of us are!
I'm so in! I want to do this! I have been so stressed about money lately (Cody works construction and let's be honest...business is slow)and I am all about making my dollar go farther! Keep me updated on the new things you learn so I can learn too!! I'm so bad at making grocery lists and coupon clipping...but at this point I'll try anything!!
good for you! I always get frustrated too when doing all the coupon stuff! I have never been able to really do that! I hope that one day I can do it too!
Okay Kylie...because you saved so much and did so well, Taz wants me to give it a try. So when you get a chance you will have to tell me more about it!
P.S. you suck at mario kart (j/k)
You are way funny. I think you did pretty good. As for me I would have to say the Smith's is generally cheaper then Albertson's in the long run even though they don't give you $15. But they do save you one gas. Good job anyway.
Post a Comment