As some of you know, I am the Sacrament Chorister in my ward. Yes, I get to stand up every week in Sacrament meeting and lead the music for our ward. I've had this calling for about 3 months and yesterday, I was released and got a new calling. And my new calling IS.......Mia Maid Advisor in the Young Women's. OH MY HEAVENS! Can you believe that? Ok so let's first preface this with a few things that happened before my Bishop asked me to do this.
#1. My friend Emilee just got called to be the Laurel Advisor in her ward about 2 weeks ago and I was not making fun of her, but pretty much telling her how much I didn't envy that calling. It is a huge time commitment!
#2. I work with 15-18 year olds EVERY SINGLE DAY of my life! Ok, that's exaggerating, but 5 out of the 7 days a week.
#3. In Sacrament yesterday (before I got called) they announced that they were going to have a meeting for Girl's Camp and that everyone going and Leaders needed to attend. I was laughing thinking how great it was that I was not involved with that, since this will be the first summer since I was 18 that I have been in a family ward.
Ok so can you believe that? I'm just warning all of you think before you speak about having specific callings in your ward. It might come back to bite you in the butt! Ok not really, I am getting used to the idea, and am actually pretty excited about it. It is a huge time commitment every week to go to activities, but I think it should be pretty fun. We have a big Young Women's group so it will be good. And who knows, I'll probably end up going to Girl's Camp since I don't work summers, thanks to my job! No getting out of that one right? Ha ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
HA HA! I love it! Actually, I'm not laughing at you - I'm laughing because I was wondering how long it was going to be before you got thrown into YW's. They always look for the young married sisters for stuff like that and it was only a matter of time! I think you'll be great and I bet you'll really love it! CONGRATULATIONS!
That is so funny!! I am actually opposite, I would much rather be the advisor than stand up in front of everyone leading music!! I am a beehive advisor and I love it, I think you will enjoy it more than you think!!
With moving to Wellsville, I just got released from YW..:(. It really is a lot of fun, and Girls Camp was the BEST! It's true that it is a time committment, but you'll get used to it, and look forward to those nights.. i loved all the YW, but especially LOVED working with the leaders, they turned out to be some of my best friends.
Hooray!!! I am SO excited for you! You will be awesome and the Young Women will love you! I work with the beehives in my ward (I have 19 beehives- big group) and I LOVE it! It is a big time commitment, but I think you will really enjoy it! Have fun and love those girls!
I think you will be really good at that! That is funny though... I have been in young womens before too and that really is a HUGE commitment! AND responsibility! But you will be good! Yesterday I was sitting in RS and I thought to myself how bad it would suck to have a calling... and to be a RS teacher would be the WORST thing ever.... and yesterday I also got called to be the RS secretary ASSISTANT! How lucky am I!? Its the easiest calling ever! But it is funny how things work out!!
How fun to be in Young Women! I just got re-called as ward organist (the ward split and everybody got released). Not sure how its going to work out with all my kids.
I am so proud of you. You will do good and the best part of this is that you will get the fun part of the girls not the stress part of school. Kylie I think you can make a very positive difference in these girls lives so enjoy it. I can honestly say as being a former Laurel advisor I am glad it is you and my time is past!!! They wear me out. And I hate to be out after dark.
Love Mom
Okay, so I am oppostite of everyone else....I would absoulutely love to be in YW! Crazy huh! So I am jealous of you right now. How fun it would be to have an influence (gospel aspect instead of school) on an age that is so precious!! So have fun with it. And I would love to go to girls camp!! Remember all the fun we had....you get to be there again with it! So, just wait, I think you will end up loving it. I hope someday I can have that type of calling....I guess I need to take the first step and actually attend church :) lol Congrats!!
PS I chose your fav picture...I loved that one too the most, well actually I chose the top 3 favorites, your fav is on the cowboy wall, which it looks so cute! I need to have you and Jedd up so you can see :)
see you Thursday night, don't forget!! Hollie has decided to find a babysitter, so she will be there all 4 weeks too....so excited to start up again!!
Yay! How fun! I know you may not be thrilled about it at first, but let me tell you, I think you'll have a lot of fun! I was the Beehive Advisor in the last ward we were in, and I was also a little unsure of it, but I ended up loving it! I will say you end up being right there in the middle of all the girls drama, but I guess you probably see all sorts of drama working in a High School! Have fun!
Post a Comment