Jedd and I were set up on a blind date by his mom and my head secretary here at my high school. I was going into it thinking "Ok just a typical blind date...won't go anywhere." I was still so very nervous though. I remember giving Jedd directions to my house and from what he says...I asked him if he was writing it down... We laugh at that now, it is the teacher in me for sure! So I remember they were a little late, I guess they couldn't find my house, it was tucked in a little bit and we didn't have our house number on it. So I remember sitting on my stairs just freaking out the moments before he picked me up. What would he look like, what did he drive, was he funny,would I like him, would he make me laugh, would he be interested...and everything else that runs through your head. He picked me up and I literally didn't stop laughing until I got home. We went with his friends (our friends now since I consider them my friends as well!!) to California Pizza Kitchen and then back to Bountiful to Orchard Lanes to go bowling. Seriously my cheeks hurt from laughing so hard. Jedd says I was quiet and I agree, it was hard to get a word in with them telling stories and just talking. Jedd and I were able to talk a little bit, but on first impressions, we are both really quiet people. I got to talk to him a little bit more while bowling and I remember thinking, hmmm..this guy is kind of awesome! So after bowling he took me home and talk about an awkward doorstep scene. Zann and Em were in the truck just watching us as we were involved with the door-step scene. (All of you know exactly what I'm talking about!!) So I ended up loosing my keys and digging in my purse to find them. Jedd says I found them and ran into my house, and I think I gave him plenty of time to ask me out again...I guess we'll never know which one happened. So I gave him a hug and left....without talking about another date.
The day after, I went to Stake Conference with my parents and my sister; she was down because her husband was out of town. They of course asked how it went and all I could say was it was so much fun, but I'll never see him again. I didn't think he was interested and come to find out later, Jedd didn't think I was interested. So after much prodding from my mom and sisters, I decided to take things into my own hands and text him about how much fun I had on that Tuesday night, 3 days after our first date. Jedd swears that if I hadn't texted him, he would have texted me, but I'm not so sure about that. And of course the rest was history! Fast forward one year and we are married, and just loving life!
It is interesting as most people ask me why I chose to work at the high school I do when I had so many other opportunities and options. I used to say, "I have no idea, it was the best option?" (As even I was a little perplexed by the question.) Well, I can finally say now, without just shrugging my shoulders, it was JEDD. Had I not come here, there was no way we would have met and our paths would have never crossed. How grateful I am to have made that decision to work here! My life has been changed forever and he seriously is the best thing that has ever happened to me! (I know, corny.) I love you honey and happy one year anniversary from our first meeting!
6 comments:
That is so sweet. I can totally relate to that doorstep scene. They are always so akward. I am so glad your blind date worked out for the best.
When I read the title of your post I freaked out a little cause I thought you were going to say it was your wedding anniversary! I was thinking where in the world has time gone??? It's fun to read how you guys met! Isn't it interesting the paths we chose and where (and who) it leads us to!
I loved that! And don't ever worry about writing down memories, things fade so fast as time goes on and it's good to have them down. I loved remembering all about your date - how fun and just look how things turned out! We're so happy to have Jedd in our family, he really is something special.
Kylie, that's cute:) Good thing for text messaging! haha
Not corny at all, SO CUTE! I love those kind of stories. AND...blind dates work...Mark and I were set up on a blind date! :)
I can't believe it has been a year. I remember begging you to just text him and you kept putting it off....I am glad you finally did it too!! Jedd is really a great guy, and you two are PERFECT for each other! He makes you so happy, and it shows :)
Post a Comment