So this last week Jedd went on a business trip to Marcos Island down in Florida. (I'm not sure how to spell that!!) He was gone from Wednesday morning at like 6:00 am to Saturday night at about 1:00 am. (Sunday morning more like). So while he was gone, I sure got a lot done. I deep cleaned my house, which has been needed to be done for a while. I did school work, and just tried to keep myself busy. It was so sad to see him go, and I was so excited for him to come home. He leaves again for another couple days for Florida next week, but at least this week he will be home. So this is the sign I made for him to welcome him home. The program I printed it in wouldn't let me print the graphics unless I had the actual CD for the software. So I made my own graphics, a sun, sun glasses, and an airplane. Pretty good huh??

Before Jedd left, we made a deal that if he spent less than a certain amount of money out of his own pocket (not business expenses) then we would be able to buy Mario Kart for our Wii. He called me one day and said he might have gone over. So I decided to buy the game anyway and surprise him with it when he came home. Let me tell you, Mario Kart is EXTREMELY hard to find, especially this time of year. Stores are all sold out, online stores are all sold out and no one knows when they are going to get more in. Well, after calling store after store AFTER STORE, I finally found a store that had them...Shopko in Bountiful. They had 3 of them. I think the guy in the electronics department thought I was a huge "gamer" because I called him and asked him to save it for me, I was going to drive down there right then from Ogden and get it. Well when Jedd got home at 1 in the morning on Saturday night, I couldn't wait any longer to give it to him, I was so dang excited! He loved it! It made all the struggle to find it worth while, just to see the smile on his face.

We don't play our X-Box, Playstation 2 or Wii very often. We played this Mario Kart game up at the cabin over New Years and Jedd absolutely loved it. I loved it to, as the only games I play are driving ones. Anyway, I am enjoying my husband being back home....at least until the next trip. I wonder what I can surprise him with then....Any ideas???
5 comments:
How fun! It's so great to surprise them with things when they get home. I bet you missed him terribly and are so glad to have him back!
What a good little wife you are! I bet he was so excited.
Oh geez! I hate that dang game! Don't get me wrong...it is ridiculously fun. But working at Best Buy and having customer after customer upset because they are not in stock sucks! It's almost like they want you do go in the back and poop one out for them! :) I'm glad you found it!
FINALLY, someone who knows my pain of having a hubby leave for a long period of time! It is hard huh!! Whenever you feel sad he is gone, give me a call, sometimes just talking to someone helps out big time! How fun to surprise him, usually Brian surprises us, so that is a fun idea to surprise them!
Yes, I am definetely going to dance class....are you coming?? You should! I need a night out! I am trying to run everyday to get in shape so I am ready to go, hope I am not too sore after it all!
Ahh, to be a newlywed again and do cute things like that for your hubby! I should get back in that habbit of surprising Joey more. And who doesn't love a little Mario Kart now and then! We may have to invite ourselves over one night to play, hahaha!
Post a Comment