I am not the world's best chef, and I never have been known to brag about my cooking successes, only my cooking failures. My family has heard all my funny stories. For example, say the words "Rice-Krispie Treats" around me and you can see me cringe. (I'm sorry but everyone says making those dang things is so easy. NOT TO ME!) So the other night with inspiration from probably one of my MOST FAVORITE shows ever "30 Minute Meals" by Rachel Ray, I decided to take on the kitchen and cook this yummy looking Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake. And not only that, the best part was that I used everything from my pantry except a quick trip to the store for $0.94 worth of frozen spinach. These first two pictures are of the mess that I had created in my kitchen. Luckily for Jedd, he was working and didn't see me cook, it was a disaster area! 
And this was the meal. Ok it is a little hard to see and I'm shocked my camera didn't take a better picture but I'm not going to lie, I even patted myself on the back for this one. This dinner was amazing! It is full of pasta, chicken, spinach, cheese, tomatoes, sauce, and seasoning. I'm not going to lie, probably one of Jedd's and my favorite meals I've tried from the show. I normally cook the regular things of what Jedd and I are used to, from his and my mom's recipe books. Let's just say that Jedd is not a huge fan of "new" recipes. He has been really great to give things a try, and for the most part, everything has been really pretty good. This was the best one though, HANDS DOWN!
And not only did I slave away in the kitchen for dinner, I also made dessert! I'm not a huge fan of chocolate; it's definitely not my first choice for desserts or treats but Jedd just LOVES chocolate! When he got home this last time from Florida, he was telling me how he had chocolate mousse one day and how good it was. Well, to give him a surprise, I made chocolate mousse. And this is what it turned out to be. And let's just say that after eating probably about 4 bites of this rich mousse, where I didn't even make a dent into the bowl, I was done and probably won't eat chocolate for at least another couple days. It was good, but man it was rich and so chocolaty!
All in all, this is one cooking success I'm going to brag about! Not only that, but make for years to come!
8 comments:
That looks fabulous!!! I need that recipe, italian food is my favorite. I'm proud of you,because my cooking success has much to be desired. So when we have a success it needs to be praised!!
look at you! I remember cooking all the time back in my newlywed days..these days...not so much. I cook,just not too extravegantly. That chocolate mousse looks SOOO good!
You go girl! Awesome meal and it does look delicious. Definitely worth of bragging. And my favorite part? The part about you using everything from your pantry to make it (the little bag of frozen spinach doesn't count). So neat and it sounds like it was a hit! CONGRATULATIONS!
Kylie
I am so proud of you. I knew once you got into the cooking thing you would do just great. I love trying new receipes! Great going.
Mom
WAY TO GO!!! It looks so good. You need to post the recipe! :)
You are so funny! I love that you blogged about this. You need to share the recipe on here, it sounds yummy! I just won't tell my boys that there is spinach in it!
GO KYLIE!! Looks amazing! I will definately have to try these out! Jedd is a lucky guy!
Last night was too much fun!!
Hey....will you come cook for us?! haha. My mouth waters just looking at that chocolate mousse!
Post a Comment