Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm 25??? WHAT???

On Sunday, I celebrated my 25th birthday. Yes you got it correct...25!! I definitely had mixed feelings about this whole situation. I love my birthday (who doesn't?) but turning 25 was quite a big deal to me. As I have asked around, everyone else has felt the same way. 25 is such a huge mile marker at least to me, age wise, that it is quite strange that I am finally there. As I was sitting there talking to a good friend (thanks Karen!!), she asked if I was excited to be 25. And as I was trying to compile all these thoughts going through my head, I started to think back to when I was younger and what was on my list of what I wanted to accomplish when I turned 25.
This is what it was:
1. Be married and sealed in the temple
2. Graduate college
3. Be a teacher
4. Drive my dream car, a Jeep Grand Cherokee (I know a little materialistic)
5. And mainly be happy.

And as I was sitting there reflecting, I realized that everything I wanted when I was younger has come true.
1. I am a happily married gal to the BEST guy I have EVER MET in my entire life and we were sealed in the Ogden temple
2. I graduated from Weber State University in 2006 with a Bachelor's in Math Education
3. I am just about finishing my 3rd year as a high school teacher
4. I now own a dark grey Jeep Grand Cherokee that is in the shop getting fixed
5. And I could not be any happier than I am right now!
So I guess when it comes down to it, yes, I am excited to be 25. Things in my life are going great, and I couldn't be happier.



Celebrating my birthday was a lot of fun. I don't have a lot of pictures. As you probably can guess, I really don't like my picture being taken so there is only a couple on this post. Sorry! Saturday, we went bowling with Jedd's family. It was a lot of fun, and I did finally break 100 on the 2nd game. I'm not going to mention my score for the first game. Here are a few pictures of the family.


Look at the great form my cute husband has! Mine, not so great! These were of our nieces. They were so excited about bowling.............and the ice cream.

And this is part of the gang. We had so much fun!

Then after bowling, Jedd and I went out to dinner, just the two of us. We went to Texas Roadhouse and I'm not going to lie, it was amazing. If you even wonder what to get at this restaurant, I would highly recommend the Sirloin Kabob. It is amazing! (but be prepared to wait quite a while. Luckily we called ahead, but our total wait time was an hour!) Then on Sunday, we kind of just had a low key day. Went to church, the temple dedication, and then over to Jedd's mom's house for dinner and dessert. The best part about Sunday is Jedd surprised me with a birthday present. I told him to not get me anything more, as he gave me money to go shopping for clothes. But, like he always does, he surprised me with another gift. He got me a long mirror with a black frame. I have always wanted one, but just have never bought one for myself, so he did it for me. He is such a great husband, I couldn't ask for anything more.

All in all, I can say that I had a great 25th birthday, and I am happy and excited to now be 25!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good day!

Parker Family said...

I want a mirror like that too! Can't wait to see it! Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday. What a great hubby you have to surprise you!! See you Thursday!

Hollie said...

YOU ARE FREAKIN OLD!!!! What the crap? Just kidding! I had a life shattering twenty fifth birthday too... well not really... but when you are the one turning 25 it feels earth shattering!! :) I am glad to hear that you had a good day and that you are where you dreamed you would be!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Holly said...

welcome to the QUARTER OF A CENTURY club:) happy belated birthday!!!

Hawks Family said...

Ah 25, to be that old again. I'm pushing 10 years older and it goes by so fast. Glad you had a great birthday, we sure love you!

Kurtis and Iva said...

Happy B-Day! Quarter of a century!

weston'smommy said...

Happy Birthday. I will be turning 25 in a few months and I am a bit nervous about this as well. I am so glad that oyu have accomplished so much of what you wanted at your age. I too want to drive a jeep cheeroke. My dream car when I was younger too. Ha! Hope your day was great.

Szilvia Kovacs-Kerbs said...

Hey Kylie,
Happy (late) birthday. SOrry, I wish I would've known earlier so I could wish you a happy birthday on time :P. I'll be 25 this year too, but it's not until June.

Amy Johnson said...

Happy Birthday! And I'm sorry, but your can't possibly feel sad about turning 25! I'm knocking on 30's door...now that is scary!

Anonymous said...

What great news We are finally the same age!!
I am so happy you finally caught up with me. Now I can rely on you to take care of me I can hardly wait Glad you had such a great weekend.
Mom