So if you read my last post, you kind of knew that I started my week out not so great. Well after leaving school on Monday and just wanting go home, I forgot that I needed to stop really quick and get some gas. So I went in to the left turning lane and when the light turned yellow, I decided to make sure all the cars were going to stop before I make my left turn. Well, with things being out of my hands, a guy that was in oncoming traffic decided to run the red light. I hit directly into him and hit him so hard that he turned and rotated about 4 times and ended up landing in the bank's parking lot that is on the corner of the intersection. Shockingly enough, no one was hurt and the only thing damaged were the cars. I came out with a very sore arm and shoulder and a bruise on my forearm, the guy came out with a red mark on his head from hitting the window on impact. Here is a picture of where the car landed after I hit it. If you notice, the white truck in the top left corner of the picture is about where I was sitting before I hit the gold car.

This is a closer picture of the damage that my jeep made. The driver of the car was quite lucky. If I had turned any second earlier, I would have hit right into his door and who knows how bad he would have been hurt. After I drove my car out of the intersection, I ran over thinking he was seriously injured and when he got up and walked away, my jaw was dropped. WOW!

And this is the damage of my car. Not much! I have since realized what a great car I have. Jedd says he wants to enter me into a demolition derby with my jeep. It is good to know that I have such a strong car! Hopefully it can keep me safe if something like this happens again!

As if that was not enough for us to handle this week, last night my car's rear window was broken with a rock. A police officer knocked on our door this morning and told Jedd that our Jeep Cherokee was damaged. He looked at him a little confused as Jedd was thinking he was talking about the front damage due to my accident. What the officer explained a little later was that our window was broken by teenagers throwing rocks. We are not sure if the teenagers have been found, but all I can say is HELLO??!! Here is a picture of my jeep with the window completely broken.

This picture is the back of my jeep. You can kind of see the glass, but the light tan "thing" sitting by my frisbee is the rock that was thrown to break my window. WHO DOES THAT? Who in their right mind takes this big rock and throws it through a car's window? Luckily, it just wasn't our car. These teenagers also broke more windows in our apartment complex and they took an ax to a BMW car door. (I'll take the window compared to that!)

This last picture is the mess that the broken shattered window made. Jedd cleaned up a lot of it, what a great husband! (If you also notice, we still have parts of the front of my car from my accident still in there.) What a mess!

All I can say that it has been quite the week. Jedd and I have had it rough! Every one knows that things happen in 3's. SO....with Jedd's truck bumper being hit last month (yes, the culprits didn't leave any information), my accident on Monday and my window being broken on Wednesday, WE ARE DONE! Jedd has been on the phone daily with insurance companies and window companies and repair shop companies. He has been so great to deal with a lot of the stuff for me. Lastly, I'm SO GLAD that the weekend is here. I don't think I could handle a whole lot more happening this week.
13 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS, yes I would have to say that you should be done now for a long time. I can't believe all that happened to you in one day!! I have been meaning to call you, but whenever I think about it, you are working, so I hope you are doing okay!!! So sorry to hear all that has happened to you!!
I still can't believe that whole experience - it's just too crazy! But I'm so glad you're ok and Jedd was there to help you through it all - I know I would have been shaking through it all. I'm glad it's almost the weekend too!
WOW girl! That really sucks!! You know.. I think it happened because you didn't keep doing the dance class!! Just kidding! That really sucks!!
Holy cow, you guys have had a crappy time! I totally agree with things happening in threes, so you should be on the upside now. Your poor car! See you in a couple days.
WOW! I can't believe all that! I am glad that you are okay after the accident, and I hope everything works out smoothly as far as the car window!
WOW!!! Sounds like quite the day slash week!!! Hope you are feeling better...you and your car;)
OH MY GOSH!! You are righ, who does that, and yes I agree you are done!!! Wow I'm glad you are alright from your accident. Good luck with everything :) We'll be thinking of ya.
I am glad to hear that you are okay! That sucks...we hope you are feeling better!
How awful! I'm glad your ok!! What a rough week!
Wow! I would defiantly say that you guys have had your share of bad luck and should be done!! Seriously, don't kids have better things to do!! I hope they find them!
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. It sounds like a series of unfortunate events that befell you guys (something we went through a little while ago too-that too is on my blog). I can totally understand the frustration to come with that. Although I'm very glad that you guys are okay.
I wd sya never say not much is going on again. I am so glad to hear you are okay and weren't seriously hurt. What a trooper your jeep. That is aweful that kids can be so destructive like that just horrible!!!
You are so right...YOU DOES THAT???? Do you remember during the education program I had my back window shattered with a rock? It makes me so mad that people think that is funny...or something. I am sorry.
AND...I am SOOOOO glad you are okay, what a scary accident.
Post a Comment