If any of you know my sister, she is big into food storage and saving money like crazy, and she is AWESOME at it. She is what my title is all about for this blog. She has since shared and passed her interest and knowledge on to me and my sister, my sister-in-laws and also my mom. We have each shared these great ideas with other people. My sister has been so great and I don't think she realizes how far her savings have reached and how many people she has effected. I have even shared my knowledge with people I know, and there are many people doing what I have showed them, all because of her! I am grateful that she introduced me to it. I want to publicly thank her for her patience and willingness to help me(I'm sure it hasn't been easy to take the time to explain things over and over again!). I have saved so much money on grocery bills every month, WHILE at the same time, stocking up on my food storage. This first picture is what I bought last night at Smith's. 
4 Hungry Man Dinners
6 Lean Cuisine Dinners
3 bags of Frito's
1 tub of butter
4 Nature Valley Granola Bar Boxes
12 bags of assorted pasta
Total Spent: $31.00
Total Saved: $50.00
I also bought at Albertson's 6 cans of Chicken Noodle Soup for $0.65.
Everything I buy is on sale and I use coupons. Thanks again to my amazing sister who shares her coupons with me(and my mom and sister too!). I only get one set of coupons every week and my one sister gets 5, so anything she doesn't use, she shares with me. I couldn't have gotten such great deals if it wasn't for those coupons. These next two pictures are my stocked up pantry. 
I am lucky enough to have a huge pantry in my apartment. Everyone who knew me when I moved into my 2 bedroom apartment, knew that the selling point for me was the pantry and the linen closet down the hall. It has been so great to actually buy food and have some place to store it, other than my small kitchen cabinet that I was using in my last apartment. This first picture is my top two shelves and the second picture is my bottom two shelves, including my floor where I have my case lot sale finds that I bought last week! It feels so good to have so much food bought and saved. Jedd and I were talking last night, realizing that if we needed to, we could live off our food storage for quite a while, not including meat. I think that is awesome! It has been so great to build this up, and what a great feeling it is to see the total money saved on the receipts from your purchases.
Sis, thanks for everything you have done. I couldn't and still can't do this with out you! You are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
If you are interested in learning more about how to save, my sister has created a blog just for this. It is allprepared.blogspot.com (I have the link under my family and friends list). Check it out, she has done a great job at explaining everything! She even updates it every week with the great deals at the different stores. I am constantly checking it out to see what she has found and what I can save!
3 comments:
Way to go! Jerilyn is awesome at this!
I agree with you! your sister is AMAZING! She has helped me out too so much! I save a ton of money too and its all thanks to her... well and Michelle too!! ITs actually really fun I think!!:)
Thanks! You actually made me cry. Not in a bad way, just for your being so appreciative. Sometimes I really wonder if people enjoy this or are just getting tired of me nagging them. I am having so much fun and just want everyone I know and love to save money. Thanks so much for the touching tribute. Love ya!
Post a Comment