Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Opening Game

Of course, we celebrated opening game day yesterday for the Cubs. Jedd was like a kid on Christmas Eve, he was so excited. It was so fun to see him just pace around, and also the fact the he couldn't concentrate on anything past 4:00 when I got home was fun too. The game was at 5:00, and I personally was happy that we could watch the game at our house. The Cubs won and it was a great game. Zambrano pitched an awesome game. The first pitch for the Cubs was a home run by Soriano (I think it was him....don't quote me on that), and the score ended up being 4 to 2 against the Houston Astros. What a great day!
Here is my hubby watching the game, lounging on the couch.
And of course, it wouldn't be opening game day without our Cubs attire. This picture doesn't look the best, but this is what I cooked for dinner. It isn't a "hot dog" like you would normally get at a game, but it kept me busy for half the game. I usually start watching the games at about the 6th or 7th inning. So to keep me occupied for the first part, I decided to make dinner. I did however, watch little tidbits here and there, rooting for the best team ever!

GO CUBBIES!

3 comments:

Hawks Family said...

AWESOME! We watched the NCAA final game, but watch the cubbie during the commercials. Every time Zach would see we were watching, he was yell: GO CUBBIES! It was so cute. Dinner looked great, glad you found something to keep you occupied for a bit.

Parker Family said...

What a good wife you are to support Jedd in his love! Loved the cubs shirts, so festive!! :) Dinner looked great! YUMM!

The Cherrys said...

Go Astros! Pence just homered!!!