Thursday, April 28, 2011

Libby is 6 Months

Our little girl turned 6 months old on April 22nd and we are amazed at how much she has changed from October 22nd.
(Then - 10 minutes old )
(Now - 6 months old)

She has grown a ton and has learned a lot.

Stats on October 22nd:
Weight: 7 lbs 14 oz
Height: 20.5 inches

Stats on April 22nd:
Weight: 17 lbs 6 oz
Height: 27.5 inches

Here are a few things about Libby at 6 months old:

*She loves to eat her cereal - just as long as it has something mixed in with it. She hates the regular plain cereal but with fruit mixed in - she LOVES IT! And thanks to Grandma and Grandpa she loves whip cream too. We started her on fruits this week, and she loves them. It's fun to see her face tasting the new stuff for the first time, but for the most part she has liked them. Veggies are this week. Wish me luck!

*Libby is starting to be more vocal. She used to be this quiet little thing and now she uses her voice a lot. She squeals and yells and does all sorts of things with her voice. It is so cute to hear her especially when she tries to talk.

*Libby LOVES to laugh. Usually if she's just sitting there and I start laughing, no matter what she's doing happy or mad, she'll usually pick up on it and start laughing too. Libby also for some reason laughs in the car, we think she's laughing at herself but not really sure. Either way, it's adorable to hear that little giggle while driving.

*Libby has started to growl and I find it flat out hilarious. She has this deep deep growl and she does it all day everyday. She even has to cough sometimes because it scratches her throat. She growls when she's mad, happy or just for no reason at all. Every single time she does it I crack up laughing. Then she thinks she's funny so she starts laughing.

*Libby is JUST ABOUT ready to roll over. She gets caught on her arm every single time and I think she thinks that it's not worth it so she stops. Half her body is usually rolled over (meaning her legs and bum) and then the top half of her is laying on it's side, caught on her arm. Soon enough she will be a rolling machine. Excited for her to learn it, but not excited because that's when she becomes mobile. And let's just say that diaper changing is not fun. I can't get this little girl to lay still for longer than 2 seconds. She's everywhere and sometimes I'm lucky if I just get the diaper attached to he bum.

*Libby is pretty much sitting by herself now. She tries to catch herself from leaning too far and sometimes she can and sometimes she can't. And she also still throws herself back so we can't leave her to sit by herself but she's learning really well. Soon enough she'll be a pro.

*Libby is now sleeping through the night and it is heaven. She'll wake up sometimes during the night and whether we hear her or not, she goes back to sleep by herself. I put her to sleep with her binky but then take it out of her crib completely before I go to bed and she doesn't need it for the rest of the night. IT IS WONDERFUL. She will usually wake up between 4:30 and 4:45 and I don't get her out of bed until 5:00. Then she'll have her bottle and go back to sleep until 7:30 if I'm on my day off. If I'm going to work that day, it varies what she'll do. She takes pretty good naps and goes to sleep by herself without me rocking her or anything.

*Libby is very inquisitive and wants to see and touch everything. When we go somewhere new she has to scope out everything and everyone and looks around until she's seen it all. She wants to be involved with everything I'm doing and has to touch everything I am holding or doing. She always has this very focused face.

*Libby's new thing is to pull blankets or anything she can up over her head and then let if fall over her face and the leave it there. Sometimes we'll go in to get her up from her nap and she has pulled the blanket over her face and her all you can see are her little legs just moving. It is quite funny, but don't worry...she can't suffocate!

*Libby gives me loves and I just think it's the coolest thing ever. When I go get her from her nap or go to pick her up from grandma's house she'll learn her head on my shoulder and stay there for a second almost like she's giving me a hug. I'll take it! It makes me just want to squeeze her! She's still a momma's girl most of the time, especially if we are somewhere she doesn't know or there are a lot of people around.

*As most babies do with their moms, Libby thinks I am the funniest person in the world. It sure is a self-esteem booster when your child laughs at anything and everything you do, thinking you are hilarious!

*Libby gets quite scared a lot. She HATES the vacuum and still hates the blow dryer, even though I use it every single day. I would think she would get used to it by now, but nope. Also we have recently found that Libby is petrified at church when the primary kids sing "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam". She screams!

*Libby is most ticklish on her collar bone, thighs and her belly. When I was little my dad would sing a little song "There was a little mouse" and then he would tickle us afterwards. I am trying to carry on that little tradition and Libby already loves it.


That's our Libby Lynns! We just love her more than anything and can't imagine life without her. Here are just a few more pictures of our cutie....ok maybe more than a few. I'm putting a ton on here because I just couldn't pick one of each.
This duck she got for Easter and likes the little purple egg it's holding more than the actual duck.
Our Libby smiling at her mommy.
Sucking on her tongue/lip. She is obsessed with sucking on these two things...sometimes more than the binky!
Getting ready for church. What a cutie!

Sporting a new outfit with CRAZY hair. You can't really see it well, but her hair is everywhere in this picture.
We love the remote in our house.
Having fun one day. My sister-in-law made these cute clips for Libby and so I had to take a few pictures with it in her hair.



Ready for church in our new dress. It's brand new and it's almost too short for Libby. She is just getting too tall!



Yet again more crazy hair pictures. I swear I just can't get enough of how Libby's hair has a mine of it's own. It just makes me laugh!

Sporting our cubs shirt. I have exchanged these shirts already for a bigger size and by the time these came, mind you just 2 weeks later, they were already close to not fitting. So rather than send them back a 2nd time, I washed them and hoped they'd at least last a few weeks. Looks like we'll get a few weeks out of these shirts and then they'll be too short....not small....just too short.

I hope you enjoy pictures of our Lynns because we just can't get enough of this little girl!

6 comments:

Hawks Family said...

Oh my goodness - what a cutie! I absolutely loved reading all the little things about her - she's just growing up way too fast! I also LOVED the picture of her in her red dress with the big red bow on her head - DARLING! Can't wait to show these new pics to Hailey when she gets home from preschool today.

Holly said...

CUUUUUTE! I love all the pics! As always! She is looking so grown up...for a 6month old! haha.

Anonymous said...

What a cute little Cubs fan! Fun pictures. I guess Libby and Kase are EXACTLY 6 months apart, what were the chances!

Szilvia Kovacs-Kerbs said...

What a doll! Love all the pictures! And it's funny when you mentioned about Libby crying when she hears certain songs in church cuz Maddie used (and even lately) to do the exact same thing! It kinda baffled me too as to why she cried at "I am a Child of God" until I've learned that it's just the sensitive, kind, caring spirit that she has. That may be the same with Libby too :D Anyway, I do hope to see you sometime soon again and your adorable baby girl!

Adam and Cami said...

She is so adorable! It does go by fast! I love all her cute little outfits!

Anonymous said...

Those clips look so cute in her crazy hair. She's getting big fast and is so darling!