Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Dad

Okay so I know that I already made a post for today, but I thought while I was on here, I would do this one as well. (I don't have internet at my house so I either have to go to my mom's or sister's house.) So for right now I have to talk about my dad. This picture was taken a coule years ago, the day I graduated from Weber State University. My mom and dad were both there supporting me and have always been in the background of my life. But I wanted to spend just a few minutes talking about my dad. As many of you know, he is usually pretty quiet, but lately my dad has really become more "social". He is literally one of the best guys I know, and even now as I am tearing up just thinking about him, there is no one I look up to more. He has always been there standing behind me, supporting me and giving me the strength to move on. I normally go to my mom with my problems, but I know that my dad is secretly listening and trying to help any way he can. He is one of the hardest workers I know and his example taught me to have a strong work ethic.
My dad is so cute with his grandkids. Every single time he sees them, he has to give them candy. We even have to stop by the gas station to pick up something if he doesn't have anything. This picture was just taken a few days ago and Hailey and Branson wanted to sit on papa's lap and read books. My dad had already put in a long day's work and had just came in from trimming trees in the hot sun and he still let them sit on his lap and read books.
I am so greatful that my dad is such a strong member of the church. He gives me strength and the faith to believe that everything will work out if I do my part. The last couple years of my life have been full of changes and stressful times, but he has always been there telling me that things will work out. Sometimes it amazes me that he can be so strong!
Now that I am about to get married (in less than a month!!), I have realized how important my dad is to me and how much I love him! He has and will forever be the BEST DAD IN THE WORLD!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I am so glad that Jon has such an awesome Dad and parents that love us and do all they can to help us. Our kids are lucky to have such terrific grandparents.

Amy Johnson said...

This post made me tear up a little bit. Our dads are so much alike! I remember on the night before my wedding I was watching everyone decorate for the reception and all of a sudden reality hit me that I was getting married! Well, I didn't realize my dad was standing right next to me. He just looked down at me and asked if this was really what I wanted and when I said yes he just smiled and said "You'll be fine". That's all I needed! Thanks for posting about your dad!!!

Hollie said...

AWW!! Kylie!! That was reallys sweet!! Your Dad is like the best Dad ever! He seems like he just really loves you guys and his grandkids! How lucky for you!! I would give ANYTHING for my kids to have somebody like him in there lives!! I love the new background also! I can't believe yhour big day is coming up!! I am REALLY excited for you! Sorry I missed you shower.. I REALLY wanted to be there but Caleb had a baseball gam ethat night. I am sure your soon to be hubby would understand right??

Hawks Family said...

That was really sweet Kylie! We do have a wonderful Dad. A lot of times he stays in the background and he doesn't get the attention and gratitude that he deserves. I'm glad you took the time to tell him.