Our 4th of July was filled with fun things. This was the first Independence Day Jedd and I spent together so it was really fun for us! The day started out WAY TOO early with a Run/Walk 5k down in Centerville. My mom is so gung-ho about these things so she talked Michael, Afton, Jedd and I into going with her. It was pretty fun. However, one lesson I learned is that you can't start running and think that you will be ready for the race in 3 days. Oh well, we still finished in great time.
Jedd and I had so much fun just going together. I was more tired than he was, but such is life!
After the race, the family met back up that afternoon. The party started out with swimming for those wearing suits, but turned out to be a whole family water fight for everyone there. We had a great dinner, pork steaks my favorite!!
Jedd and I got soaked, but the funny thing was that we got the most wet was our back sides. We didn't think it was fair because there were only 3 people that had water guns and the rest of us were left to defend ourselves with nothing. At one point, I sat on the ground and put a towel over my head....hoping I wouldn't get drenched. Well if you know my brothers, they made sure I was soaked! It's a good thing I started out my day with curly hair.
It was such a fun holiday and it was so great that Jedd and I could spend it together with my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It was a fun 4th of July - even though all of us planning to stay dry got completely soaked! I"m glad that you and Jedd came back to Mom's - it definitely wouldn't have been as fun without you!
Looks like you had a fun fourth!!! You guys are cute together!! =)
Fun! So sad we missed out. I'm excited to come down for your shower and bridals in a week though.
Sounds like a busy day for you two! Love the new shirt, very you! So did Jedd participate in the water fight, or did he just get soaked?
Post a Comment