Monday, June 24, 2013

Big Girl Bedroom

With Seton joining our family, it was time that Libby finally had a girly room of her own.  She has been sleeping in a toddler bed since August 2012, she was just a couple months shy of being 2 years old.  She has loved being in a bed and not a crib.  But it was finally time to get her a bedroom set that was all her very own, not just mis-matched furniture and things I have just thrown together.  So we ventured out and bought her a twin bed and matching dresser.  I bought her a new bedspread, made ruffled curtains (thanks to pinterest for the idea) and also spruced up her dresser (thanks to pinterest for the idea and my mother-in-law for helping me paint it).  The room has turned out so cute.  It is all 100% purple and Libby is in heaven.  You see, Libby has loved purple since she was 5 or 6 months old.  She would always gravitate towards this color if she had an option to choose, yes even at that very young age she would always grab the purple things or toys and leave the rest of the colors alone.  Well now that she is 2 1/2 years old, that is still her FAVORITE color and is in love with her bedroom.  And to be honest, so am I.  I am super proud of myself for making the curtains myself and putting it together for her.  She is in total heaven.  I don't really do "themes" in my house, I am more of just a color scheme decorator (except my son's bedroom that is 100% Cubs baseball!). So this room is just purple, polka dots and ruffles.


Here is Libby back in August 2012 the first time she slept in her toddler bed.

Here is Libby in April 2013 the first time she slept in her big bed.

She was excited as it gets!

Here is the dresser we bought.  The before picture.



 The after picture.  I absolutely love it!

 Here is the ruffle lamp I made.  Thanks to pinterest again for the idea.

Here are her curtains.  The lighting is horrible and the picture doesn't do it justice.  They are awesome if I do say so myself. 

The special stool Grandpa Doug made so she can climb in her bed all by herself. Painted purple of course.

 And this is what her room looks like all together.  Jedd says it really does look like purple threw up in her room, but we all absolutely love it.  

For my no longer baby girl.  



2 comments:

Hawks Family said...

Love that purple polka-dotted bedroom Libby! It is soooo you!

weston'smommy said...

I also made ruffled curtains last summer for our bedroom thanks to pinterest! I love her room and the dresser. Its so fun to put together a big girl/boy room isn't it?