Friday, October 15, 2010

39 Weeks and No Baby Yet

I know it has been a while since I have posted. I just can't bring myself to actually post on my own blog. Who knows why, but I am trying to get a few more posts in before this little baby gets here. So I am about 39 weeks pregnant and just went into the doctor's office yesterday. Everyone keeps asking me if I have been feeling contractions and my answer was always yes, I think I am. Well after talking to my doctor and realizing that I am only 1/2 cm dilated (which I was 2 weeks ago and nothing has changed in the last 14 days!!) I have come to find out that what I "thought" were contractions are actually 100% FAKE Braxton Hicks contractions and I am not even close to delivering this baby any time soon. How mean of mother nature to play such awful tricks on pregnant mommies to be. With this being my first, I wasn't exactly sure what I was feeling, but thought that it had to be some kind of contraction, but I guess it is my body preparing for the fun things ahead. So I have one more appointment with my doctor next week and then if I don't have my baby by the 25th, I go in to see my doctor that day and set up an induction date. My doctor says that if he had to guess, that he would for sure see me in his office on the 25th and we'll go from there, so that is what Jedd and I are planning. I always had in the back of my mind that this little one would be here over UEA weekend, no real reason why, just a hunch, but doesn't' look like that is going to happen. So we sit and wait until she decides that she wants to make her grand appearance. My bags are now packed, clothes are all washed, things are all ready so if she does surprise us, we are ready.

And of course a picture of me at 39 weeks. I don't know who in their right mind actually takes pictures of themselves this late in pregnancy (including myself!), but for journaling purposes, I thought I had better post it. And for some reason the camera caught me with totally glazed eyes so ignore the weird look on my face.
All in all, we want Libby to come when she is ready and can not be more excited to see and meet her when she gets here! So for now, we are anxious and waiting.

6 comments:

Hawks Family said...

I know it's hard waiting, but it's great that you guys are holding off until Libby's ready. We just can't wait to meet her and she what a doll she is! By the way, if I looked "that good" at 39 weeks, I wouldn't be afraid to take my picture at all! YOU LOOK FABULOUS! Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Amy Johnson said...

Here is a little hope for you....I wasn't dialated to ANYTHING when my water broke with Simon. So, you just never know! :) Good luck with everything! Enjoy every single second of it!

Holly said...

Ah so CLOSE!!! She'll be here before you know it! I'm so excited for you guys!

Hollie said...

How cute are you all preggers!! I can't believe it!! That waiting game is awful! Especially for the first. Do remember to enjoy it. Its goes by SOO fast! So excited for you guys! How fun!! (almost makes me wanna have another!! lol) Oh and I still have your gift even though I have been over by your house many times to visit Jake's mom. I know, I am just that awsome. One of these days I will get it to ya! :) Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK AWESOME!!! :) xoxos

weston'smommy said...

Oh how disappointing. I agree Braxton Hicks are a cruel joke I on the other had had the real contractions and not the fake once hence Cason being born 3 weeks early. I know how anxious you must be she will be here soon try to get some sleep before you don't get any for awhile. :)