So I finally have some time to post about our little Libby and how she came and was born. This is our story. Sorry, don't feel bad if you just skip this part and head to the cute pictures at the bottom, but for memory, I want to make sure I have this story written down.
Last Wednesday, October 20th, I went in to get a routine check-up. My doctor was out of town and so the other doctor said because I was dilated only 1/2 cm still, I would probably make it to my Oct 25th appt with my doctor to set up an induction date. We came home and that night I really started feeling bad bad cramps starting at about 11:00 and they continued through the night every 15 minutes. Needless to say I did not get any sleep. I woke Jedd up at about 2:00 and we decided that they were contractions and I was in labor. We woke the next morning (Thursday) and made the decision for both of us to go to work and see how the day went. The contractions stayed consistent throughout the day and by about 4:00 that night, they were still 15 minutes apart. Jedd got home from work at 6:30 and they finally had gotten quicker and were now 6 minutes apart. I kind of just laid around timing contractions and trying to survive. Later that night we took a walk and I got in the bath tub and by the time I got out at 11:30, the contractions had gotten so close together that they were about 2-3 minutes apart and that was when we decided to head to the hospital. We were admitted at midnight into the hospital and by the time I was checked at 1:30 am I was already dilated to a 3. So I got my epidural at 2:30 and they checked me again at 3:30 am I was dilated to a 6. We thought we had better call our parents because things were going quick. Parents came and we slept as best as we could, me having contractions and both of us anxious as could be. Well we were quite wrong thinking things would move quickly. I was checked every few hours and at about 12:00 pm, I was close to dilated to a 10 but she had not moved down enough to start pushing. I stayed dilated to a 10 for about 2 hours before they decided for me to start pushing and that was when the real fun began. :) Libby did not want to come out and was stuck behind my pelvic bone and it was horribly painful. I pushed for one hour and three minutes, but who was counting right?? We were seconds from having to do an immediate c-section, but our doctor was able to help Libby out and she was born at 3:13 pm on Friday October 22, 2010. She weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces and measured 20.5 inches long. What an amazing experience to know that this little baby came out of me and she was now in the world. I remember just bawling for about 15 minutes after giving birth, just so overwhelmed with emotions and love for this little baby already. Jedd and I could not control our emotions, we felt just so close to heaven at that instant. What a little angel we have as part of our family.
And for the fun part... pictures. How can I just choose a few so sorry for the overload!!
Libby so upset she actually had to come out of her mommy.
Daddy putting the first diaper on his baby.
Daddy holding Libby for the first time. I love this picture, she was just wide eyed the whole time and you can tell she knows her daddy already.
Mommy holding baby for the first time. Ignore the horrible look going on, 40 hours of labor and an hour of pushing, I was exhausted!
The first Cherry family picture.
Had to take this picture. The nurses were in love with her hair and every so often she came in with different bows and fresh clean hair.
This little Libby was known in the nursery by all the nurses because of her dark long hair. They would come in and bring her to us and say they really don't need to check our wrist bands they knew she belonged to us, but they did anyway. We wonder where she got this hair, and we love it!
Finally going home on Sunday. You can't tell but Libby is wearing a little onsie that has cherries on it. So fitting!
This is usually how our baby sleeps. We think she was like this in my belly, legs crossed, leaning on her right side. Too funny.
Just a cute picture I couldn't resist.
Look at those eyes!
This little girl is all smiles already and so wide awake and alert. Sometimes we don't think she is a newborn and only 5 days old.
Libby and daddy having together time after Jedd got off work.
Well that's it! I'm sure I'll post more pictures soon. Now that this little girl is here, the camera is permanently out and ready to snag a picture at any moment.
We love out little Libby Lynn!
9 comments:
Yay!!! I am so glad she is here!! Congratulations! I am glad everything went well!! Hope you are feeling good too:)
ps. you think one hour of pushing is exhausting...try 3.5!! haha. SOOO worth it tho!
Can't wait to see more and more pictures of your sweet girl!
Congrats! She is beautiful! Worth all the pain I'm sure!
YAY!! Congrats you two! She is soo beautiful and glad things went well with the delivery :) Enjoy every second with her!!
Love Love Love all the pictures! And I'm glad you wrote down everything that happened - it was hard on you, I know, but you wouldn't trade her for the world would you?
Oh, she is too cute! I just wanna snuggle on her. Looks like you guys are adjusting and loving having Libby.
Oh, she is so cute! Way to go! I do love her beautiful hair! What fun you'll have with that! Congratulations!
Congrats again! She is absolutely adorable!!!
She is so BEAUTIFUL! SO loving the hair!!
You will be glad you wrote down your delivery story, it is always fun to look back and read about it all! I am sorry you had to go through all of that, but it is so worth it, isn't it!!
SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND JEDD!
Jedd and Kylie, What a darling baby. She looks exactlly like Jedd..!!! how exciting for you both. I can't wait to see her in person. Jedd has always been a great uncle I can only imagine him as a fabulous dad!! Good job
Post a Comment