Thursday, April 23, 2009

Grateful

I didn't have a whole lot to post about today, but something has happened that has got me thinking quite a bit. In the last week, one student has committed suicide and another student was killed in a car accident at the high school that I teach at. At times like these, it really gets me thinking about how grateful I am for the life that I have and the many blessings I have received. I am grateful for the knowledge I have of the Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints. I am grateful for the knowledge we have about this life and where we are headed after we pass on. I am grateful for my family, both mine and Jedd's. And most importantly, I am so grateful for Jedd in my life. So today, as I am sitting at my computer, looking outside at the sun shining down, I am grateful to be alive.
“Life is too short not to make the best and the most of everything that comes your way everyday.”

4 comments:

Hawks Family said...

Funny how situations like that can make you re-evaluate and realize what's really important. Thanks for sharing and know that you're not the only one that has realized that today! Love ya!

Parker Family said...

HOW SAD!!

Amy Johnson said...

So sad to hear when things like that happen! I don't know how people get through hard times without the gospel!

Anonymous said...

We do have so much to be grateful for, we need to remember to stop and think about how blessed we truly are. How sad for those families.