Sunday, September 21, 2008

We have an announcement.....

So may of you might be wondering what our announcement is...and so I don't keep you in suspense any longer, the awesome CHICAGO CUBS won the National League Central Division Title yesterday. They clinched a spot in the playoffs, and it was quite the celebration at our house. They won the Cardinals 5-4 to win their spot. Now, the Milwaukee Brewers were the closest team to the Cubs to take the spot; however, the Brewers were so many games back that they had no chance to catch the amazing Cubs! I thought I would mention just a few favorite things of mine about the Cubs. Ted Lilly (the picture on the left) has become my most favorite pitcher on the Cubs team. And yes, in case you were wondering, he did pitch yesterday for the winning game! There are may great players on the Cubs team, and Jedd wonders how ANYONE in their right mind can pick just one favorite player, but I had no problem.....Reed Johnson (picture on the right). Reed has not had a lot of playing time lately, and even though Lou (team manager) let's him play sometimes and Reed usually pulls out AWESOME, he will almost always sit out the next game. Could it be that he wears the bottom of his pants pulled up to his knees like an old fashioned player that makes him my favorite?? MAYBE, but that is the just the beginning. He plays center field, when he gets the chance to be in, and makes amazing plays. Dive catches, catces fly balls, and not only that, he has a pretty good batting average. It is quite funny how much more interested I am to watch the Cubs game when either Lilly is pitching or Johnson is in. However, some think that Jimmy Edmunds plays a better center fielder, I would have to totally DISAGREE. Johnson has won his spot on my number one list of favorite players in the MLB. The Cubs only have a few games left before they start the playoffs and so here at our house, it is all Cubs, all the time. Jedd only hopes that the games are played more on the common channels like ESPN or channel 13 rather than WGN, which is where most the games are shown on TV. So here at the Cherry house, this is our slogan....... "Go...Cubs Go"!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay so my heart almost stopped beating when I saw the topic of your blog. I was really going to be mad if you made an important annoucement like something else and did not tell me first. SO I guess this time you are alright, but just for future information Michelle and I just stopped dead waiting for the blog to come up to see what the annoucement was!
Mom

Hawks Family said...

I about had a heart attack too! I was about ready to call you and ask why you didn't tell us all last night??? But, I can understand the excitement about the Cubs - especially at your house. Zach keeps seeing them pop up on Sports Center highlights and is quick to point out that those were the "cubbies." Go Cubs!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I guess we will all have to keep waiting for the REAL announcement. Way to go CUBS!!!

Hollie said...

I could smack you girl! I was all excited that you had the newest Cubs fan on the way! That was funny! Go Cubs! (I guess)=D
Oh, and your pictures of your apartment are really cute!

Parker Family said...

hehe, loved it! You really did get me, especially with being sick and all! Go Cubs! This just means you get a lot more games in the near future to watch, it is good you are more interested in it, rather than how you felt watching them while dating!!

Hawks Family said...

I Heart Your Blog! Check out my blog for more details.