Thursday, June 5, 2008

Wedding Planning


Ok so I had to put a better picture of Jedd and I on my page. This was taken at his house as a trial picture and it turned out pretty cute so of course I had to keep it. But anyway, back to wedding planning. So I can't believe how busy I am with all this wedding stuff. I know that this sounds absolutely ridiculous, but I am amazed at how much goes into planning a wedding. I obviously have never done it before and so all the little details are just overwhelming. Jedd has been really great about it all. He pretends to seem interested and really care about all the planning and details but reality is that when I start telling him things, you can instantly see his eyes roll to the back of his head and his breathing becomes very slow. I, however, just don't care and keep going as if he really is interested! Last night was actually really funny, and it is a good thing that I love him. We went to only 3 stores in the mall to find matching ties for our brothers and dads to wear at the reception. He was completely exhausted from shopping.....ya going to only 3 stores! And after we got in the car, I decided to play around with him and say "Okay, so let's head down to another mall and hit probably another 3 or 4 stores." You could just see in his face that I had better be kidding.
This week has been insane. After finding my dream dress on Monday, I thought the biggest things were done besides invitations. Well, that is true, but all the small details are coming up now. So my mom and I have been busy little bees trying to get things ready. Monday we found my wedding dress...which is huge. Tuesday we hacked out the wedding cake and pretty much all the reception decorations. I also changed the whole plan for our backdrop for the reception. I felt awful changing plans on my mom, but at least I did it now instead of the day before the wedding when we were setting it up in the church, right? (my mom is AMAZING!) Wednesday I found a slip to wear with my wedding dress and went and searched for even more decorations. Thursday we traveled all around town and even out of town to find 10 ties for the guys to wear at the reception, and we also found me a new dress to wear to the temple. Among all of the shopping today and making 3 trips to the temple to pick up something, I discovered that I needed to replace my brakes on my Jeep and had to put my car in the shop. Perfect timing ya? Friday, which is tomorrow, my mom and Jedd's mom are meeting for the very first time! We are going to pick out flowers for the wedding, and also of course more shopping for things. Jedd just smiles every single time I say "shop" or "shopping" so shhhh.....don't tell him I'm going again tomorrow! No, actually, he is so great about this whole thing and I couldn't ask for a better future husband! I'm the luckiest girl ever!

6 comments:

Parker Family said...

I love it! Jedd is such a great sport! Keep up the fun shopping! Oh and I am so sorry about your brakes, yuck!! How did you make it home? Good luck with the moms meeting, I am sure it will go great! Talk to you probably on Sunday! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Good luck with all planning. Your Mom is amazing! See you in a couple weeks.

Hollie said...

I know I say this every time but you are SOO cute! I am so excited for you! How fun! I bet you are super busy! He seems like a real trooper! When is the big day?

Hollie said...

I know I say this everytime but you are soo cute! I am so excited for you! I bet you are really busy! He sound like a real trooper. When is the big day?

Hollie said...

I think I just posted my commetn twice! I am such an idiot! Sorry about that!

Amy Johnson said...

Oh, I remember how Cody was when we were planning our wedding. He would just nod his head and say "yes dear!". I knew then that things would always work out with us as long as he kept that attitude! :)