Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What's Happening With Us

Cling, cling, is anyone still out there that actually looks to see if I update my blog?  Man I swear, getting motivation to actually do this is ridiculous.  I have tried to just enjoy the last little while with my 2 kids before I am off to work and haven't taken a ton of pictures of our lives.  I have tried to be better about taking pictures of our random daily lives, but I still am having the 2nd child mommy guilt of not taking pictures of my little guy.  My poor 2nd child will definitely feel the effects of this later down the road when he says "Mom, where's all my baby pictures?".  Great motivation for me to start documenting his life as much as I did Libby's.  

So I guess this is where I start.  

What's been happening with us?  Well here are some things that have happened in the past 7 weeks since Seton has been in our lives. 

Seton's very First Birthday Cake

A sweet lady in our ward has started the tradition of buying babies born their very first birthday cake.  The older kids get to decorate it and blow out the candles.  So she brought it over to us just when Seton was 5 days old.  Libby decorated it with sparkles (sprinkles) and blew out the candle.



Daddy and Libby enjoying the cake while Seton did this.....



 Libby and Seton

Libby loves to have Seton lay on her bed.  This morning I was kind of picking up the house and had laid Seton on her bed and I found her talking to him and laying right next to her baby brother.  


Photo Session #1

My sister-in-law had a baby just 3 weeks after Seton was born and so I was unable to have her take Seton's newborn pictures like I normally would have.  So this was my first attempt.  He was 9 days old at the time.  I had this great vision of some baseball pictures of him with all his gear that Jedd has bought him, but it didn't turn out as I had hoped.  It's the intent that counts right?  These are the only 2 pictures that I am going to post, even though I think I took over 50 that day.



Lazy Day

Libby's grandma bought her this purple "cowboy" hat and purse when she was babysitting one day.  She absolutely loves it and wears it around the house constantly.  This girl is as girly as it comes.  So I had to take a few pictures of her because it just melts my heart.



And here she is talking to Aunt Shell (sorry everyone one else!).  She was telling her how when it gets warmer, she is going to come to her house and see the horses and pigs and dogs.


 I was able to catch Seton smiling while his sister was playing.  

 Photo Session #2

This was my next attempt to take a picture of Seton.  This was taken when he was exactly 2 weeks old, and on his original due date, March 27th.  Still not the best pictures, photography is hard! I guess I am not a natural.






Monkey Shirt

When Libby was little, I took a picture of her wearing a monkey shirt for my niece   So I had to do it with Seton, just to keep the tradition going.  


Easter

Every Easter, Jedd's mom puts on an Easter egg hunt for the little kids and for the big kids (us).  I took pictures of Libby finding her eggs.  Just to let you know, for the big kids (all the adults), Jedd's parents hide money in eggs around the house and we scour the house to find money.  Jedd and I always walk away with the least amount of money, this year it was $15.  And yes, his brother and sister-in-law, won $65.  We need a new game plan.

But here is Libby's easter egg hunt.

(Grandma Cindy, we missed your Easter party this year!)









Dollies

Libby loves her dollies and so this day she spread out all her dollies and their blanks (blankies) and wanted me to take a picture of her and her dollies.  Love this little girl!


Just a random picture of my kiddos.  Love them!


First Bath

This was Seton's first bath.  Don't mind the pink bathtub.  It was Libby's.  We have since traded it out for a bath chair that my sister gave me that we love so much more.  Sorry buddy for making you bath in a pink tub for 3 days.  But he loved his bath, just hates being naked before and after and definitely screams if he is cold.


Photo Session #3 with Sister

I found these adorable pictures on pinterest with sibling photos and thought I would try it.  Yet again, proving that I am not a photographer and don't have the touch for it.  But I still love pictures of my kids so I posted some that didn't turn out too horrible.  







 (I might have worn him out just a little.)

 (I caught him at the perfect time.  Isn't this picture hilarious?)

 (Smiling at his, what we call, "fan friend", which is just our ceiling fan that he loves and talks to.


Big Girl

Libby has had her binky for nap time and bed time for a little while now, especially with her going to grandma's to take naps, it was just easier for her to have a security.  She has done without it during waking hours for almost a year now, but it was during sleep time that we were struggling with.  Well after the baby was born and she was adjusting to him having a binky, I was done with her binky and so we got rid of it completely.  It was torture for a couple days with her learning how to sleep without it but once she adjusted, it has been total HEAVEN!  Her daddy bought her Play-Do as a surprise for giving her binkies up.  She LOVES Play-Do and asks to play it every day.  If only I loved it as much.



Church Dress

I bought LIbby some summer clothes and so this was her first day that she wore her new skirt.  Her piggy tails just kill me when she lets me do them in her hair.  But let's just say that taking her picture is pure torture because for the life of this girl, she can't just LOOK AT THE CAMERA for 2 seconds.  

 I bribed her with a cooke for this one.  I guess it worked.  

The Mickey Couch

When Seton was born, Jedd and I wanted to give Libby a little present to let her know that we still loved her too.  Jedd decided to get her a Mickey couch that unfolds into kind of a bed.  Well come to find out, out little Seton loved it as much as Libby did and slept on it for most the time for his first 2 weeks of life.  Thank heavens we had this, it was a life saver.  



Nail Polosh

No, that is not a typo.  Libby calls nail polish, nail polosh, and it makes me giggle every time.  I have been trying to get Libby to let me paint her nails for over a year now.  Leave it to my sister to give me some nail polish for my birthday and now Libby can't get enough of it.  Thanks Michelle for doing it because now I don't have to beg her to let me try it.  She is in heaven and loves her fingers and toes painted.  The Easter Bunny knew she had started to like it and gave her 2 nail poloshes for easter.  What a smart bunny he is.  This is one of the colors he gave her.  It is the most annoying hot pink you will ever see, but I absolutely love it and on her, it is ADORABLE!!



Tea Party Stickers

Libby has some stickers that are Tea Party.  So one day while Seton was sleeping on the couch, we had a tea party.  She had to pull out her blank and set up our tea party stickers.  She even had dolly stickers to use for the other guests.


Just to give you an idea, this is what her blanky looked like in each corner.  Plate, napkin, spoon, cupcake, cookie and tea cup.  And yes she used the tea pot sticker to fill up the tea cup.  It was hilarious! 


Getting Bigger and Bigger

This was just a lazy day and so I wanted to take a few pictures of how big our little guy is getting.  

I caught a tail end of a smile in this one, lucky!
 This face melts my heart...

Hanging out with Daddy

Jedd got home from work and while I was trying to get dinner ready, he was on Seton duty.  They are adorable together and I swear look so much alike.  These are the 2 best guys in my life!



Reading Seton a Story

Libby was sure that Seton wanted to her to read him a story so after I changed his diaper and took it out to the garbage, I came back to find this.  These sweet little moments I want to remember forever.  (Especially down the road when they are yelling and screaming at each other across the house.)  


Family of Four

This was our first family picture all together as a family of four.  How is it possible that I love these 3 people as much as I do?  


And to leave a smile on your face, look at this girl?  We think she is the cutest thing on earth!



Oh my, an hour later and I am done with my post.  Maybe I will not get so far behind next time and it won't take me an hour every time.  Ha, ya, like that will happen!

2 comments:

Hawks Family said...

LOVED LOVED LOVED these updates! Tate sat on my lap to see all the pictures of Libby and Baby Seton. They are so darling, I just loved reading all about what's been happening at your house this last little while. Keep the updates coming!

Holly said...

Such cutie kids! Love all the pics!

haha and Austen had to have his baths in a pink tub too:)