Friday, March 22, 2013

Our baby boy is here!

Well our baby boy decided to make an early appearance, 2 WEEKS EARLY! I had Libby a day late from my due date and we were hoping we could at least make it to my due date with this little guy. Mainly because it was going to be over my spring break for school. He definitely had other plans.

Seton Allen Cherry
Birthday: March 13, 2013
Weight: 7 lbs 15 oz
Height: 21.5 in

Happy and healthy!!  Here are pictures first, since that's what everyone wants to see anyway!  :)

Yes, he was 7 lbs 15 oz, at 2 weeks early!  Thank goodness he was early, can you imagine how big he could have been if he were actually on time and not early??  YIKES!

 Mommy holding baby Seton for the first time.  In love, immediately!

 First photo, except for missing our little Libby.  

Look at that hair?  It looks exactly like Libby's, but Libby had about twice as much.


 Such a proud daddy of his little guy.


 Going home, yes, it's all baseball in our house.

 Libby seeing Seton for the very first time.  That smile says it all.  She is in love with him!

 I hate this picture of myself, but I love what Libby is doing.  This was the very first thing we did when we walked in the house coming home from the hospital.  Libby HAD to hold her baby Seton.
 Again, that smile is priceless!


 First wash down.  He's not a fan of being woo-woo (what we call naked in our house!).  He cries every time he has his clothes off.  He's getting used to it a little more, but still hates not having anything on.  How can I bottle that up and save it for ever?  I'm thinking this will change quite quickly and this little man will want to strip down every chance he gets.

 Such a good big sister.  She wants to hold him all by herself and gets bugged that I have to help her.




Here is Seton's birth story (I wrote the birth story with our first one and I am so grateful I wrote it down to remember. So I am going to do it again.  Sorry for the little graphic tidbits.)



My official due date for our little guy was March 27th. My last Dr appt was on Thursday March 7th. I was officially 37 weeks along. At my appt, there was nothing too exciting going on. Seton had been head down prior to this appt for about 6 weeks and at this appt, he had turned and was now head up. This made me extremely nervous thinking he wasn't going to flip back around. My dr said that I had plenty of fluid and my little guy was just swimming around. He was 100% confident that my baby boy would turn again, so Jedd and I went off his confidence and hoped for the best. Because the baby was now head up, I was not dilated at all, just 90% effaced. So life went on as normal. Fast forward to Monday March 11th. Jedd came home from work and I was complaining to him that my hips were hurting pretty bad, but I just thought they were stretching like everything else. (Everything hurts every where this far along, right?) Well I had a horrible pain at dinner, but didn't think much of it. After dinner, we decided to take Libby to the park because it was just so beautiful outside. We were not planning on jump starting labor, but I guess that's what kind of happened. I was still 2 weeks away from my due date and I was determined to make it to the last week of March. We went to the park and had a fun time together. Libby was in heaven playing on the toys. We came home and I didn't have any more pain, so we went to bed. I woke up that night starting to have some contractions that were about 30-45 minutes apart. I didn't wake Jedd up, just thought it was Braxton Hicks, there was so way I was in labor! As the night continued, the contractions continued. Pretty consistent, and no changes. I decided I was going to go to work on Tuesday March 12th and see what happened. I tried to get into my Dr's office to get looked at, but they were solid booked so I made it through my day the best I could, having contractions 30 minutes apart. I got home from work and things hadn't changed much. Jedd and I decided to go for a walk and see what happened, and it was almost like my contractions started slowing down and becoming further apart. (Good news for me, right?) Well by the time I went to bed, I was having no pain and figured it was truly Braxton Hicks. I packed a bag with just a few supplies, just in case, but thought I was being completely ridiculous and silly. I woke up that night at 1 am having contractions and they were now closer together, being every 15 min apart. I decided I was going to wake Jedd up but had to go to the bathroom first. I had discovered that I had started to bleed, so I ran and woke Jedd up in a panic. (Poor guy, your wife wakes you up at 2 am in a panic, it didn't go over well!!) With me now being exactly 38 weeks, we decided to call the hospital and see what they said. They explained that we needed to come in and get checked, just as a precaution. So at 3 am we had Jedd's mother come out and stay with Libby while we went to the hospital. We figured we would be sent home because my contractions weren't close enough, but we went anyway because I was bleeding. We were checked into a side room.  You know the type of rooms where they put girls that come with every ache and pain, just to make them feel better, and then send them home?  Yes, that is where we were. (This was a big joke for Jedd and I, and we couldn't stop laughing about it all morning.) They checked me when I got there and I was dilated to a 2-3, but my labor was not progressing like it should have. In fact, it started to slow down so they let me stay to see what happened. A sweet nurse came in around 6 am and said that she was sent into my room to send me home, but wanted to check me first. I was dilated to a 3-4, but my bleeding was so bad that she didn't feel good abou sending me home without talking to my doctor. Between the time they would call my doctor, they wanted me to roam the halls and see if my labor would progress any. So Jedd and I walked the hospital halls, making circles for over an hour. My contractions would be every 5 minutes apart, and then would go 15 minutes, so nothing was consistent.  I was so frustrated by this time, I knew they were going to send us home, and I just didn't feel good about going home with my bleeding the way it was.  By about 8, they had contacted my doctor and he said that because I was 38 weeks and bleeding as bad as I was, they should check me into labor and delivery and get pitocin started. My hospital has a rule that if you are not 39 weeks along, they will not induce labor so there was a little bit of hesitance on the hospital's side but with my condition, the circumstances had changed. So my nurse came in, told us it was going to be our baby's birthday on Wednesday March 13th. It was completely surreal, and this is when I started to panic. What was I doing? Giving birth again? By about 9 am I was finally moved into a labor and delivery room and they had hooked me up to an IV and started my pitocin. The pitocin kicked in quite quickly and my labor started progressing, and being more painful. The anesthesiologist came in at 10 am and said he was off to a c-section and wouldn't be back until 11:30 and wanted to make sure I could make it without an epidural until then. I said yes, I'd be fine. This time around, I was not waiting to get an epidural, I was going to get one as soon as I couldn't handle anything anymore.  With Libby, I waited too long and wished I had gotten it sooner.  By about 11 am, I was praying he would get done sooner with his c-section because I was ready for my epidural, NOW! I told my nurse that as soon as he was done, I wanted him in my room. It wasn't 15 minutes later that he came in and by 11:30 I had my epidural. The epidural worked wonders this time and by the time the anesthesiologist left my room, my whole right side was numb. After that, things were going great. I was dilated to a 7-8 and progressing nicely. It went much quicker the second time around. I was able to sleep for about an hour and a half, which was much needed. My Doctor finally arrived at 1:20, broke my water and said I was dilated to a 9. He was going in to do a c-section, but would come for me right after and it would be time to push.  Wait, what?? This is happening?? So I started to prepare myself for a long pushing session like I had with Libby. By 1:50, my doctor came back in my room and it was time. The baby was +2 position, I was 10 cm, and it was time. I was not prepared for what was about to happen. Everyone got ready, the doctor put his sterilized clothes on, the nurses were all ready, and with my next contraction I was going to push. I had a contraction, pushed for 30 seconds and immediately started feeling nauseous. The baby was now crowning, and Jedd and I looked at each other like what? I started to throw up about 4 times, which I found out later just pushed this baby further and further out every time I threw up. That was awesome, pushing without actually pushing! I had one more contraction and pushed the baby out. He was here! And we were all in shock, how in the world did it go that fast? Two pushes and he was out, it was a miracle. I had such a bad experience with Libby, they weren't even able to put Libby on my belly, the doctor had too much to fix on me. This time around I was able to see my baby before they rushed him off, and only had very minor tears. It was surreal, but again, the biggest miracle that he was here, safe and sound, healthy as could be. He looked just like Libby, and I was in love immediately. That night, I was up walking around and was able to be taken off the IV and blood pressure machine and was doing amazing. After Libby, I had a rough time, but this time around, I was doing awesome! The baby and I were able to come home 24 hours after he was born and I was so grateful, I couldn't last another minute in that horrible hospital bed or room. I was ready to be home with my family. Libby was not able to come to the hospital due to the time of year so I was of course dying to see her and have her meet her new baby brother.

So there you have it, the birth story of our little man, Seton Cherry. Now what you're all waiting for, the pictures which is the best part.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We loved hearing the whole story. We didn't know it so it was fun to know the details. We are so glad Seton is here and a part of the family. We can't wait to meet him! Congrats!

Hawks Family said...

Loved reading all about how little Seton got here - I've heard bits and pieces, but it was nice to read in one explanation. He's such a doll and we can't wait until we see him again.

weston'smommy said...

Yay congrats. I was due with Cason on March 29 and I had him on March 12. Crazy coincedence (sp?)! I was 37 weeks though not 32. He is beautiful congrats again.