Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Birthday

Ok so I finally found time to post about Libby's Birthday party. It was such a fun day. We don't have too many pictures of the day because I guess we decided to record it on video most of it instead. But what we do have is fun.

These first 3 pics are just how we decorated. I hung these tissue paper flowers on our ceiling everywhere. Libby loved them. I actually hung them the day before her birthday and every time she would come into the family room she would be mesmerized by them. It sure made it worth every second.
This was her birthday cake. She loves Mickey and so I made her a Minnie cake. Not bad for my first go around eh?
And this was the dessert table.
These next pics are after we opened Libby's presents. She sure is spoiled, but we wouldn't have it any other way for our Lynns.
Isn't this smile priceless?
This open mouth face was pretty much the whole day...
here it is again...
Libby is obsessed with babies. In fact she got two more for her birthday making her total of 5 baby dolls for being 1 year old.

And this picture just cracks me up. All her cousins that were there were over playing with her toys and Libby is laying in the middle of the floor playing with her baby doll. That is so Libby. She is obsessed with laying on the floor and rolling around.
This was Libby's birthday cake that I let her "go to town on". I didn't let her do that with the Mickey cake because I was worried about her being dyed black from the frosting. But I guess I should have not worried about it. Libby didn't DARE touch the cake and wanted someone to feed it to her. At one point I put her hand in the cake and she flipped out. Silly girl, can't stand anything on her hands and is so proper.

And this was after everyone left. My mom gave her a walker and it was so crazy. We put it together and she crawled on her knees with it for about 2 seconds and then stood up and off she went on her feet. She fell quite a few times, but she is doing really well with it.
Look at that chubby/skinny legs. I don't know how, but she kind of has both.
Look daddy I'm doing it!
Libby's birthday was so much fun. Thanks to all the family that came and supported us. We had a blast and we think Libby had a lot of fun too. She was all smiles all day and was just so happy and pleasant. I guess that was a good sign that she liked it.

Happy Birthday sweet girl! "Ba" and "Da da" love you!

1 comment:

Hawks Family said...

We've been dying to see all the pictures you took during her birthday party! We had so much fun being there, thanks so much for inviting us. What a sweetie - she is just getting so big! Happy Birthday Sweet Princess!