Monday, September 14, 2009

Our First House Project

A few more things have been done to the house. The outside is completely done, besides the final cement to put up on our foundation. Here's the picture. AND we have all flooring in. This is the only picture I took, and it isn't that great. We went out later last night after the sun was down and the clouds didn't allow the sun to let light in. The colors go really well (even though they might not match in the picture). WE LOVE IT! We also have lights up and our microwave hung. It's coming along! Just a few more weeks. And this was our first house project. It cost us double the amount we were planning and about triple the time to do it. We had to dig a trench to go under our driveway so we can run sprinkler lines under the driveway. Well Jedd and I went out there at about 8:00 Saturday morning thinking we were going to dig about a foot down and put about an inch diameter PVC pipe. We dug the trench, went went to Lowe's and called my dad only to realize we needed a 4" diameter pipe to go about 2 feet under ground. WHAT A PROJECT! We bought a pick to use, because the ground out there is pure clay. It took us another 2 hours to dig the trench, then we were so tired that we came back that night to dig some more, put the pipe down and cover it up.
Here's the hubby using our brand new pick. The fun-ness of using a new tool that we just bought wore off pretty quickly...REALLY QUICK! Taking a quick break. Jedd was so good. He made the dirt loose and I went behind him and shoveled it out. Sad to say that I was pretty sore yesterday....and I have blisters.

It was fun to do a project on our house, it seems more like "ours" now, but I don't want to dig a 2 foot hole into our ground for a LONG LONG time.

2 comments:

Parker Family said...

It does make it a little funner to do projects around the house, knowing that it is for you and your place, BUT, still not too fun! THE FLOORS ARE IN!!?! I can't believe it, we were just there last week....wow, you are going to be in quick!! Very excited for you and Jedd! YAY!

Hawks Family said...

How fun - flooring just makes it seem so much more complete - I can't wait to see it! Projects around your own house are much more fun, but a lot more work. I hear you on not wanting to dig more holes like that - well, at least until you put in the rest of your sprinkling system in right?