Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Hike and Our House

Jedd and I have been talking about going on a hike all summer and we finally went. Amidst all the packing, I decided to take a day off and go on a hike with my hubby. It was a lot of fun. We woke up at 6:30 (yes! on a Saturday morning!) and started out at 7:00. Thank goodness we started so early because on our way down, it was way too hot. We went on a hike on Highway 89 in Layton. It has a ton of waterfalls and thank goodness I brought my camera. This was the first waterfall that you see. It was amazing, but then again, I am amazed with waterfalls. This is the second one. It was very tall.

This is the same waterfall with us in front of it! :) This guy who we asked to take our picture asked if we were newlyweds. Uh....don't you think that is a weird question to ask?
And this was the third and final waterfall. It was absolutely AMAZING! It took Jedd and I about an hour and a half to get all the way up, and only one close call of me falling. :) This waterfall was SO WORTH the hike up there.
And this is just a picture of the gorgeous falls.
We had so much fun hiking together.

2 comments:

Parker Family said...

So fun to go on a hike!! Good for you to take a break and have a little fun. I love waterfalls too, I am so amazed at them and love how pretty they look! Did you tell that guy....of course you are newlyweds!! You can get away with that for another month :)

Hawks Family said...

What beautiful waterfalls! And even more fun to go together. We want to do something like that with the kids, but it always seem like the days go by so fast. I'm glad you guys had a good time!