Monday, December 22, 2008

Sweet Caroline...Ba Ba Ba!

"Neil Diamond....the greatest song writer of this or ANY generation" is pretty much how we feel about this guy in our house. I used to not think this, but Jedd has since converted me since we have been married. Even though that is a movie line from ....(I can't remember which movie!), we still think it is hilarious and Jedd says it every chance he gets.

SO, for Christmas, I bought Jedd tickets to the Neil Diamond concert on Friday night. And let me just say, IT WAS AWESOME! I thought it would just be really fun to go to, and it would provide laughs for the two of us for the night. Well, after all was said and done, that was a COMPLETE UNDERSTATEMENT! I'm telling you, there was the biggest variety of fans there and it was so fun to see all the people. They ranged in age from being grandparents to young kids and EVERYTHING in between. Every one was up and dancing and it provided great "people watching" as Jedd and I put it.

The best part of the entire night was when the music of "Sweet Caroline" started. I'm not kidding, I have NEVER seen a group of people go absolutely insane in a matter of split seconds. Everybody sang along and it was "so good, so good, so good!" (quote from the song) Not only was it insane in the Delta Center for those minutes, Neil actually had to sing the last 2 verses of the song again because everybody was cheering and going crazy. Jedd and I of COURSE joined in, but mostly laughed the whole entire song. I've never had so much fun singing along at a concert in my life!

Neil left stage (to only come back of course), to sing "We're Coming to America", the second highlight of the entire night. Again, every one up and singing and even dancing. I perfected my "today" pose and Jedd has perfected his complete Neil Diamond impression. I have to admit, it is right on q. It is so funny!

Jedd is such a good guy and follows every rule so we were not allowed to take pictures with my camera in the stadium (even though I had my camera with me! BOO! he he) We still took pictures of what we could. Sorry for the same pose, it's pretty dumb to have the same picture, but oh well. Who cares! The one on the top was on the FrontRunner on the way down, and the one on the bottom is of us after the concert in front of the Delta Center waiting for the Trax Train. I'm not going to lie, it was FREEZING!

I had more fun than I ever thought I would and have since been converted to Neil Diamond. What a fun night!! Thanks honey for letting me spend a night with you laughing every single minute and having so much fun! Merry Christmas babe!
P.S. Also, thanks for taking me to the yummy Texas Roadhouse!

2 comments:

Hawks Family said...

How fun! Sounds like you guys had a blast! Great idea on the tickets.

Amy Johnson said...

I also claim to be a Neil Diamond fan! I used to hate his stuff, but Cody converted me when we got married! Now we both love listening to him! I wish I would have known about his concert....that would have been a fun gift for Christmas!