December 1st, yes, that is 4 months since we got married! Holy cow! Time sure flies! I can't believe that it has been that long already. I was just talking to Jedd the other day thinking how fast these past few months have gone, and how fun they have been. Things are so different than they used to be, but I wouldn't change them for ANYTHING! Happy 4-Month Anniversary, honey! Well, to let you all know of what a great guy Jedd is...here is my Thanksgiving weekend story (since I am reading about everyone else's.) Because I am school teacher, I got off Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for my break. And you would think that it would be the best thing ever, and it usually is, unless you are sick. Wednesday I woke up with a horrible head cold and thought ok, I'll quickly get over this. By about 3 in the afternoon I was running a fever and just wanted to be in bed cuddled up with a blanket. So that's where I ended up for the rest of the day. Thanksgiving was not better. I spent all morning in bed, hoping that my fever would break, so that I could head down to my mom's for Thanksgiving dinner. Well it didn't and I ended up taking a nap at my mom's while everyone else was having fun, and the fever didn't break until about 3 that afternoon. Yes this means that I didn't really have a Thanksgiving dinner. I ate about a spoonful of potatoes, maybe a half a piece of turkey, a tiny roll, and a couple deviled eggs (which seemed to be the only thing even yummy to me). After that, Jedd and I went to his Aunt's house to catch up on the other side of the family to only find that I should really have gone home instead. We left not to much long after we got there and I went right to my pajamas.
As most of you know me, the day after Thanksgiving is spent shopping the ENTIRE day. My mom and I are usually gone from about 4-2 shopping. Yes that is 4am to 2 pm. Well this year, this was all different. I spent all day Friday laying in bed watching chick flick Christmas movies on the tv while my cute husband took care of me ALL day. I drank liquids and tried to keep chicken noodle soup down which was the only thing I wanted to eat all weekend. Depressing huh? Most people would LOVE to have that kind of day after Thanksgiving, but for me, it was PURE TORTURE!
The rest of the weekend was spent pretty much in pajamas in bed or laying on the couch. And now that it is Monday, I'm wondering when my fun Thanksgiving vacation is going to start.
SO...you might ask....how does this tie into how great my husband is? Well, as much as he probably didn't want to stay at home and take care of his sick wife, Jedd did. He was so great and got me anything I wanted. Cooked me soup on the stove, got me medication when I needed it, got me drinks when I was thirsty, got me a wash cloth soaked in cold water to help my fever, and took care of me the whole entire time. What a great guy! Happy 4-Month Anniversary sweetie! And to all of you who went Black Friday shopping.....I hope you had fun for both of us!
6 comments:
Poor Kylie, I woke up this morning with a cold after my son came down with one on Black Friday. Atleast mine waited. My mom and I got up at 3:30 and shopped until 11. I got terribly upset with Wal-mart. Got yelled at by a lady at Tai Pan, and had a son come down with a fever. Oh yes Black Friday was a blast. LOL!
Oh Kylie, I am so sorry! That sounds miserable! I hope you are feeling better soon! I had a fever about a month ago, so luckily I was done before thanksgiving! But don't you worry, I had fun shopping!
Are you feeling better now? I am so sorry your weekend was ruined, but at least you gave you and Jedd some time home together, even though you felt miserable. Are you back to school today? Lucky you, haha. I talked to mom several times on black friday, and it kinda made me jealous not to be there too! I missed out on all the fun too! :( Oh well, next year right?!? Ash and Brans say to tell you hi awa/tylie
That was really a cute post. I loved the reflections on being married 4 months and telling us how sweet your husband was - we think you really got yourself a good husband there. I hope you're feeling better!
Don't worry! I had definately had enough fun for both of us! =) I should probably tell you that I didn't... but I did have a blast. I didn't get to go last year though, so I know how you feel (minus being sick,YUCK!) That is always the worst getting sick on a holiday! I am sorry! Feel better!
I feel ya sista'! I was sick for T-day as well with an awful head cold! I almost didn't go to T-day dinner! I'm glad we are both feeling better! I can't seem to get rid of the cough and headache though!
Post a Comment