Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm such a nerd, so I have been told....

Ok so a lot of you already know this, but I am quite the 'math nerd' to put it in nice terms. Well today, after a long waiting period, I finally got a document camera to use in my classroom. The school bought it for me, and yes it is $700. Some might ask what in the world is a document camera? Well, I took a picture to show you....

Here is a document camera. It sits on my counter in the back of my room. Now, some might ask then, well what does it do? Well here is your next answer. It projects on to my board anything I put underneath my lens. So instead of having to use this old thing which we all are familiar with (they have been around for years and years!!)......


I now only have to turn my document camera on and up pops my picture. This makes my life so much easier, because now I can actually show my kids at school what buttons to push on their calculators, and what their screen should look like. It also means I now don't have to transfer EVERYTHING over to an overhead sheet (the clear sheets that you used to have to use.) Now I can put any paper I want underneath and it projects.

So yes, I am quite the math nerd, but you know what, that is fine by me. I am in love with my document camera....yes it stays in the room I teach in.....but that's ok. It makes teaching so much better! Anything I can get my hands on to make teaching easier, right??

P.S. More wedding pictures are coming, I just have to put them on my blog for all to see!

2 comments:

Parker Family said...

So, I guess a congrats is needed here, haha just kidding! I am happy for you, it is always nice to get new things that makes your job a lot nicer and easier. Never heard of those things, but sounds really helpful! Fun for you! Hope you are enjoying it!

Hawks Family said...

I must be a nerd too, because the first thing I thought when I read your blog was - that's too cool! I bet you are just loving it. You deserve anything that makes your job easier. And I don't think you're a nerd at all!