Monday, March 28, 2011

5 Months and LOTS of Firsts

Where does 5 months go? Our little girl is growing like crazy and starting to do so many things. Jedd and I are having so much fun seeing Libby discover new things, although she is getting big so fast we wish we could slow time down. Well since people just want to see pictures I'll get on with it, there are a lot so be prepared!

Libby has loved her bumbo. This particular morning she was just smiling like crazy. She loves being up where she can see me and of course she is loving sitting up in things and not always laying down.
This is Libby sitting in her high chair for the first time. She loves it! She has now learned to push off of her elbows to get toys she can't reach on her tray. Also if she can't see me while she is sitting in her high chair she'll lean forward so she can. Such a funny girl.
The last little while Libby has found her toes and 95% of the time has them up while she is laying down. She loves to grab them, especially when wearing her pajamas that have things on her feet like pink bugs or something else fun.
Libby has recently loved watching Mickey Mouse. When I'm doing something I'll lay her on my bed and have her watch it. Her attention span is only a few minutes, but it helps me to get one or two things done. This was her one morning mesmerized by Minnie.
And this was the first picture of Libs trying to eat her feet. Pretty flexible, this little one is.
This isn't a first, but just a real funny picture of her hair and how long it is getting.
A week before Libby was 5 months old, we started feeding her cereal, THINKING it would help her sleep through the night. Boy were we wrong. The first 5 days of feeding were AWFUL. She would pretty much scream every time I put the cereal in her mouth. As you can tell, most of it ended up on her face and bib. Here's a picture to prove it:
I even got creative on how to feed her the cereal. This still didn't work. So I decided to try the cereal with fruit already mixed with it and now she LOVES it and slurps it down as fast as I feed it to her. She eats cereal twice a day and loves it. But it doesn't help her sleep any better at night. She still wakes up 2-3 times at least during the night. I hope this doesn't mean she has a sweet tooth already.
Libby LOVES basketball so her first March Maddness was a hit. She sad in her little chair in front of the tv like this for over 30 minutes. She was watching and playing with her feet, it was great! I am going to miss all the basketball games on tv because that seems to be the only way lately I can clip her fingernails. She loves watching basketball.
My mom bought Libby these little hair clips and so I put them in her hair for the first time the other day. IT was quite the chore to get her to sit still long enough to put it in, but I thought it looked so cute. It makes her look so big, but sure cute. And of course this is the face you see on Libby quite a lot....sucking on her tongue.




Libby baths at night now instead of the morning. She loves her bath. She is so cute all wrapped up in her kitty towel, I just had to snag a picture.
This was Libby's FIRST cubs game. At our house, Cubs games are quite the thing so of course Jedd had to watch it with Libby. Here he is explaining the game to her, it was so cute for her to watch and listen to her daddy like she knew what was going on.
This was Libby for the first time on her daddy's shoulders. She is still too small to see over his head, but it sure made me laugh. She loves it up there and sits so still. Not a normal thing for our Libs, but sure cute!
Saturday night we put Libby's mega saucer together and she LOVES it. I have to put a blanket around her a little bit to help her hold herself up but she loves sitting it in and playing with all the toys.

This was the next morning....still loving it!


Sunday's picture before church. This was Libby's first time wearing her jean jumper that I bought when I was pregnant. She is finally big enough to wear it and I think it is about the cutest thing ever! She looked so cute in it I of course had to take pictures. Here's her shy-guy pose which she does quite frequently. And there are just a few more pictures we snagged that morning.




Right before church there was a basketball game on and Libby and daddy were sure into it. They both have the same look on their face, it's hilarious. They look so much alike, it is crazy.
Well this 5 month milestone sure has been eventful. We are having so much fun and just love our Libs so much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, I can't believe how much she is growing. She is such a cutie!! Makes me excited for our baby to get here, I have really been missing the baby stage.

Hawks Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS - HOW CUTE IS SHE???? I absolutely loved the little clips in her hair - she looks like such a big girl! And I just knew she would love the highchair and megasaucer. How fun that she is getting into stages where she can play and enjoy those fun toys! She is quite the cutie, we just can't wait to see her!

weston'smommy said...

Wow where did 5 months go? She is such a doll. I love the jeans dress so adorable.