*Right now Libby's new thing is her tongue. She loves it! She is usually found with it out or sucking on it or moving it around. It is fun to see her discover new things.
*She started a few weeks ago sucking on her hands and it's a love-hate relationship. She loves licking them but hates the taste. Her faces are priceless.
*She has recently found her hands and she loves to watch them. So lately she has been having both hands in fists above her head and she just watches them move. She kind of gets upset if she can't see them anymore and gets (we think) a little bugged that they move close to her face and her eyes go cross-eyed. It's hilarious to watch.
*She is doing great sleeping on her own. She now sleeps 9 hours, even though she literally thrashes through the night and throws her head around side to side, she still is sleeping. And recently this last weekend she has started sleeping in her own crib in her own room. I wanted to keep Libs in our room until she was sleeping through the night and now that she is sleeping through, she's in her own room. She is doing extremely well and Jedd and I seem to be loving it. Libby is a very loud sleeper including funny grunts and noises along with tossing and turning so we are getting more sleep too. She usually takes a bottle between 8 and 8:30 and then is in bed soon after. Then she doesn't wake up until 5:30 or so to eat. I have had to get her on this schedule due to me working so she can eat before she leaves to go to grandma's house at 6:00.
*Along with sleeping through the night Libby is taking great naps, even at the grandma's houses. She will usually take about a 3 hour nap usually around 10 or 11 and. Then a few 45 minute naps morning and afternoon, she does very well. Such a great sleeper.
*She likes going to the grandma's houses when I am at work during the week. However, she is like me and we think she likes and enjoys being home. She is definitely a home body, especially when she is tired and doesn't get her naps. She is starting to be a mommy's girl a little bit too which I kind of like.
*She does not like strangers holding her and usually doesn't do well in places that she doesn't know. If she is somewhere strange or with strange people, she usually just wants me to hold her. If not, she screams.
*Libby has started laughing/giggling this last week and it has been so much fun! She is ticklish on her collar bones, her rib cage and her thighs. I can usually get her to laugh for just enough time to grab the video camera and then she's done. Hopefully we can catch it one of these times because it is too cute and funny.
*She still loves to talk and be talked too. She gets excited and kicks her legs and flails her arms constantly. We call her our "squirmen wormen". She never sits still, yes even during her naps she tosses and turns.
*Libby absolutely LOVES polka dots. Her car seat cover has polka dots on the inside and if I'm not watching, I can usually catch her talking to the polka dots. It makes me laugh every time. And she has a lion toy that has polka dots on it too and both Jedd and I have caught her talking to her lion on different occasions. The other day I wore my blue and white polka dot shirt and she couldn't stop looking at it for about a half hour straight. She loves polka dots! It's a good thing her crib bumper pads are polka dots!
*She has started grabbing at things and toys and holding on to them. She usually snags a piece of my hair from time to time so that is always fun to pry it out of her fingers. But she has started liking her toys a little bit more and looking at them. Thank goodness Santa and grandma and grandpa were smart and gave her toys for Christmas!
*She still fake coughs and laughs a little to get our attention. In fact right now she is sitting in a bouncy chair and doing that exact thing as I am typing this. Then when we look over, she just smiles and kicks because she gets excited.
*Libby has had bad eczema lately and so we are trying to get it all figured out and taken care of. It's taken us a few weeks of solid eucerin cream and no soap to get rid of the dry skin. We are currently trying to see if she's allergic to milk and so she has been on soy formula. I don't think she's allergic to milk because nothing has changed from her skin for being on the formula for 2 weeks. So I guess we just wait for the weather to change and hopefully her skin will get better with the weather.
*Her eyelashes are coming in so long and beautiful. She gets this from her daddy, and I think she is going to love this when she gets older. If only her hair was that thick, she would be in heaven. Her her is still dark and getting so long, but it is so very very thin and fine.
*And last she has started rubbing her eyes when she gets tired. So not only can we tell she's tired because around her eyes gets red (like her momma) but she also starts rubbing them. It's too cute to see her do this.
AND NOW FOR PICTURES: sorry there are a lot of them. Couldn't choose just a few to pick so I posted a lot of them.
This is Libs licking her fingers. Her faces are hilarious.
We have tried and tried and tried to capture Libby's smile on camera. This night we were more successful than we ever have been. Every single time I get out the camera to take a picture I get this stone face and the smile goes immediately away. Talk about frustrating! But here are a few of mostly smiles.
Going to church in our new outfit. Sadly Libby was too skinny to wear this for the longest time and when she finally fit into it, she was way too long. She only was able to wear it twice and then we had to put it away. But we got some fun picture anyway.
Last week we decided to let Libby just lay on our bed until she got tired and so two nights in a row this is how Jedd found both of us. I had fallen asleep and Libby was wide awake. I promise that when I finally closed my eyes, I "THOUGHT" Libby was asleep. I guess I was wrong both times.
New pajamas Great Grandma Downs gave Libby. (Again smiling except for when I brought the camera out to take a picture. Such a stinker!)
Libby's crazy hair one morning when she woke up. We call her our mad scientist, I just think it is hilarious!
And this was Sunday. I'll consider this her 3 month old picture. This was the first thing I bought when we found out we were having a girl and I have been dying to have her wear it. She finally was able to and it looked so dang cute on her! And if you can tell, I caught "almost" smiles in some pictures.
We just love our Libby Lynn. She brings so much joy and smiles to our lives that we wonder what we ever did without her. I just wish time would slow down a little bit, it seems to be going way way too fast.
5 comments:
OH WHAT A DOLL! Hailey and I have been dying for more pictures! She says she thinks Libs is the cutest little girl she has ever seen - I agree - she's darling! Thanks for posting about what she's been doing and putting a ton of pictures on there, we never think there are enough to see!
What a pretty baby! I love her mad scientist hair-do!!! Looks like she is growing, sad how fast they decide to do that. Awesome that she is sleeping so well for you guys, Heavenly Father must know you have to get up and get to work.
Aww that little girl is getting cuter by the minute! Thanks for writing down the info and all the adorable pictures! I know it's not easy next to a baby so great job! I can't wait to see you guys again hopefully next month :D Also, I'll be bringing you some clothes and things for little Libs if you'd like. We're just waaay to overloaded on clothes and toys. So if you'd like some I'd be more than happy to give them to you.
AAWW!! Such a cutie! I had to make sure and have Branson look through the pictures with me, and he was quite certain that every picture was just for him to see. He kept asking....is that picture for me?? Not a day goes by that he doesn't say 'Libby is soooo cute!' We sure love our Libby!
She's so super cute! And seriously, I just LOVE her hair! It's so fun! I hope to see you guys again soon!
Post a Comment