Ok I know I post a lot about what our Libby does but I want to remember all of it so this is kind of just for me. She changes so much from week to week that it just amazes us what she learns and starts doing. So I have decided to post AGAIN things Libby does or has learned at 7 weeks of age.
*She has started to fake cough to get our attention. She sits in her little rocking chair when I am getting ready in the mornings and usually fake coughs at least a dozen times to get my attention from start to finish. It's so funny to watch. Sometimes she coos to get my attention too.
*She kicks her legs violently when she gets excited about something. She loves to look at our ceiling fan in out bedroom while laying on our bed and smiles and talks to the fan quite a bit. She kicks a ton when she is just laying there looking at it.
*Libby hates to snuggle with us, she has since she was born. But she does love to lounge on us and usually just lays there sprawled out for quite a while just as content as can be.
*Yes Libby hates to snuggle with us, but just the last couple days she has decided that to sleep, her face needs to be snuggled against the blanket almost so she can't breathe. Don't know why all of a sudden this change, she has never done it before.
*Libby coos and smiles a whole lot more. She even smiles at other people, although she smiles the biggest for her mom and dad which we just love.
*She has started to laugh in her sleep now. It is hilarious to watch and I have the hardest time not laughing and waking her up because it is so cute. I can't wait until she starts doing that when she is awake.
*We are still having problems with her spitting up a ton, but she has decided to only spit up when we are not looking. Honestly, she spits up 99.9% of the time when I don't see it, I just see the after effects. It is great though if you catch the tail end of her spitting up because she has the biggest grin on her face almost like she is relieved to have that stuff out of her belly.
*Libby got a cold this last weekend and had a horrible cough and was really congested. We felt so bad for our little girl and wished we could take it away but there was nothing we could do. The doctor said that we could give her saline drops to help with the congestion, but that was pretty much all we do for her. Her cough and sore throat luckily only lasted a few days but her congestion is lasting a lot longer. At least she is starting to feel better.
*Libby's hair is so great. I just love when it stands straight up, I never try to comb it down. We call our Libs our little fuzz ball because she has so much hair and by the end of the day most of it is standing on end. This was last night's hair. Too funny.
*And probably the coolest thing ever is that when Libby is upset and family can't calm her down, Jedd or I take her and she calms right down for us. I think she has started to recognize when we hold her and it is so cool. In all my years of baby-sitting and nieces and nephews, I was never the one that could calm babies down when they were fussy. Now with my own daughter, I am that person and it's the best thing ever!
(Nerdy picture I know, but I don't get a ton of us just hanging out.)
3 comments:
Loved reading all the fun things about Libby - isn't being a Mom just the best thing ever? I've been compiling a similar type list for Tate and will be getting on the blog in the next little bit. Glad you type out all these fun things, they are so fun to read and you'll love to have them later.
You are doing a great job of journaling everything. Sorry she has been sick.
Oh what a cute little sweetheart! I love looking at all the pictures you upload! And don't at all feel bad about writing down every little thing about her. It's actually a very smart thing to do, because time goes by too fast :( I actually use my blog as my journal. It's the best way for me to not miss out on everything my children do. I know I've mentioned this before but I still can't wait to go visit you guys. I hope we get to soon! Oh and as far as her cold, I don't know if they gave you a bulb syringe at the hospital, but that works great to suck out all the congestion from her nose and give her a little relief! Hope she'll feel better soon!
Post a Comment