Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Halloween 2012

I have a lot to catch up on, but the most recent seems to be the most fun to post.  So I guess I am starting there.  My little girl LOVES Doc McStuffins.  It is a cartoon on Disney Junior where a little girl  pretends to be a doctor, she makes her toys come alive, and she is a doctor to her broken toys, fixing whatever is the problem.  I have to admit that it is quite a cute show....at least I'm not annoyed with it yet.  Ever since the first episode came out, she has been obsessed.  So for Halloween, I had to make her Doc.  There are no costumes out there (believe me I looked because I thought it would be easier!!), but I ended up putting something together by myself and it turned out better than anything else I think I could have bought!  Of course my mother used her sewing machine to whip some things up for me, so I can't take all the credit.  She made the pink skirt and adorable doctor's coat.

So first off, here is a picture of the actual Doc McStuffins:

And here is a picture of our "Doc".  Picture overload by the way, I couldn't pick just one.









 (this one makes me laugh.  She decided she was done with pictures, and was as stubborn as an ox to get any other pictures taken.  So for the moment, we were done.  I had to bribe her to take the pictures below with candy.)

 (I had to snag a few pictures of her pig-tails.  I just love how cute they are on her!  I don't get to do them very often, but when I do I love it!)
 (Showing off her modeling face.  I think she's ready for the runway!)
 (for some reason when I uploaded this picture, it rotated, and I can't fix it! Darn!)
And here is my sweetheart with me.  This was at my mom's Halloween party.  

We sure had a fun Halloween this year, compared to last year, it was a total 180.  Thanks to cousins on both sides of our family, she now knows how Halloween works and ran from house to house with cousins on Halloween night getting candy and saying Trick-or-Treat and thank you.

1 comment:

Hawks Family said...

Loved seeing all the pictures of her in her "Doc" costume - she was so darling!