This year I was so excited that I was able to actually go Black Friday shopping. My mom goes every year and I always try and go with her. The last 3 years I have not been able to go, due to having the flu one year, and having a baby last year. This year I was more excited to go shopping than I actually was for Thanksgiving. It was at my in-laws this Thanksgiving so I traveled down to my mom's house to meet up with her and my sister at 8:00 pm. We braved the crowds starting at 8:30 pm in Walmart, and ended our fun at 7:00 am at JCPenney.
Yes, we went ALL NIGHT.
This is my mom, sister and I right before we headed out. My other sister decided to sleep instead of come shopping with us....maybe one year she'll decide to brave the crowds and come with us.
We had so much fun! The atmosphere is so fun and exciting and of course getting a great deal is a thrill in and of itself. Next year, my shopping list will totally change due to a little girl growing up. I probably won't be standing around a bin at WalMart for an hour and a half waiting for 600 ct sheets (that I got for $19.99 thank you very much!) but it will be for TOYS TOYS TOYS!
Can't wait for next year mom and Michelle!
2 comments:
As fun as it sounds, I still think sleeping sounds better! Maybe I will give in one year, but it doesn't seem very likely! I get all my shopping done before Thanksgiving, just so I don't HAVE to go! :) Glad you guys had fun though!
You are brave! I'm glad you got all that you were after! I got most of my shopping done before thanksgiving...but even then, after seeing the line at target wrapped around the whole freaking building and then some...I'm just not cut out for that:) haha
Post a Comment