Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Update

I am officially on week 14 (tomorrow) and I am feeling much better. I have finally pinpointed why I have been so sick the last couple weeks and have realized that it was due to these crappy horrible prenatal vitamins I was taking. Yes, they were a generic brand from Target and they are the most evil horrible things I have ever swallowed. Come to find out, every single time I would take them, the last couple weeks, I would throw up before going to work, try to hold things down while at work, and then would throw up when I would get home. I would even take them at night (per suggestion from many of you!) and that did not seem to help. My doctor recommended that I try these vitamins and they have worked WONDERS!!
They don't make me sick. And they actually taste like sweet tarts candy, that is until you swallow. BUT HEY, I am not sick and have yet to throw up once! I am feeling GREAT! Thank you Flintstones for making my life a little more enjoyable.

A few of you have asked questions so I figure why not answer them??

1. Yes I will be working next year. If I can get it officially approved (still waiting to hear the final word) I will be working every other day thanks to the A/B day schedule my high school offers. One week I'll work 3 days a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) and the next week I'll work 2 days (Tues, Thurs). I can still keep my insurance and my retirement years still count. My department head has been so great to work with me and has been doing what she can to help me out for next year.

2. About the gender of our baby: Jedd swears that it is a girl.....HANDS DOWN! I thought it was a girl, but then I go back and forth and am kind of leaning towards a boy at the moment. But let's be honest. I don't really have a "feeling" either way. I figure if Jedd says girl, I might as well say boy and one of us will be right.

3. I am not showing yet, well at least not to anyone else, but myself. I can tell a huge difference, but when I ask my husband, he just says "can't see a huge difference!" I can't do up my buttons on my pants, so I had to invest in a belly band to hold them up. Imagine if you will, I was using an elastic before I bought this "band" to hold my pants together. And all of a sudden I would lean over while I was teaching to pick something off the floor and oops.....the elastic would come undone. SO I would have to try very slyly to fix it. Not the greatest thing, but watching it, I'm sure, was quite the treat. Thank goodness I teach high school students that don't pay attention to anything anyway.

That about does it for answers to questions. Still crossing our fingers for May 7th to find out what we are having. I'll post updates every so often and when I actually start showing where people can tell, I'll post pictures.

4 comments:

Hawks Family said...

I can't believe you're at 14 weeks already! It always is the case that it goes faster for everyone else than it does for you. I'm SO GLAD the new vitamins aren't making you sick - YEAH!

Szilvia Kovacs-Kerbs said...

Hey Congratulations you guys! I've actually heard about your pregnancy from Cami the first time (sorry I don't have too much time to check my blog so often lately). I also totally understand what you mean by being so sick in the first trimester. I was the exact same way with both of mine. I don't even know why they call it "morning" sickness, more like "all day" sickness, huh? But hang in there it should start to get better from now on. My advice is to chew on lots of crackers and drink lots ginger ale. See if that helps. Vitamins do also make a huge difference. Some are better for your body than others, it's different for everyone so I guess you just have to experiment with them and see which works best. Best of luck with everything and let me know if you need any help w/ anything.

Adam and Cami said...

I'm glad you were able to pinpoint what was making you so sick! Sounds like you are doing well, and I absolutely can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I had the same problem Kylie. NOT FUN. :S Flinstone vitamins were a lifesaver for me so I'm glad they did the trick for you too!! The band is a blessing and a curse sometimes, isn't it? haha I don't want to say I can't wait for you to grow more out of your clothes buuut...I can't wait to see you pregnant. You're going to be beautiful!